Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by mhammady View Post
    nooo... A man should never bring anxiety to his family...
    look at it this way... it is easier to ask for forgiveness than asking for permission

MGO Member Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by JimSig View Post
    look at it this way... it is easier to ask for forgiveness than asking for permission
    It's not about permission, it's about she doesn't like them. Regardless of my point of view, I don't want to push for something that she already has bad feelings about... IMO this is not how we should push relationship boundaries

MGO Member
    Thank you, Jeff, what is the paperwork that I should keep? copy of ID, CPL, or both?
    How about neither.

Ask for that, or a bill of sale, and deal is off. Long gun, it’s cash and carry. Pistol, you get a seller copy of RI60/10 as suggested previously.

Selling to the gun shop is just foolish. You’ll get maybe 40% of what it’s worth. If that.

What are you looking to buy? What do you have? If it’s the same platform except the optics ready version that you’re looking to get, you could always get a second slide (and barrel assembly, too, I’d you wanted) and then still only have two guns.

I am a Forum User
    nooo... A man should never bring anxiety to his family...
    I get it and agree to a point, if guns are just a hobby for you then by all means don’t push it
    But if you are doing it for the protection of the family then she needs to put her emotions in check and grow up
    There shouldn’t be a problem with you explaining you want to upgrade but don’t want to be down a gun until you get another….something like honey I’m upgrading a firearm I’ll sell one as soon as I have the new one should be all that needs to be said

I am a Forum User
    It's not about permission, it's about she doesn't like them. Regardless of my point of view, I don't want to push for something that she already has bad feelings about... IMO this is not how we should push relationship boundaries
    reminds me of my wife when I started the hobby in 2009.. In 2014 she took me to my favorite gun shop and bought me a handgun for my birthday.. They do change their perception once they see we are safe and that we like guns and that guns are harmless in safe hands..

MGO Member Forum User
    reminds me of my wife when I started the hobby in 2009.. In 2014 she took me to my favorite gun shop and bought me a handgun for my birthday.. They do change their perception once they see we are safe and that we like guns and that guns are harmless in safe hands..
    I agree. My wife just asked me how my reloading press is working and wanted to try a full-cycle

All the advice given in this thread has been sound and factual........

Had a friend that had the same issues with his wife, Surprisingly he made it so simple to remedy....He searched and searched and finely found a new wife.

The above is not advice and should be taken with a grain of salt. Whatever her issues with guns just remember happy wife happy life!

I am a Forum User
    I agree. My wife just asked me how my reloading press is working and wanted to try a full-cycle
    that's a great step.. The most important thing is that you show her that this hobby makes you happy. If she cares about you ( I am sure she is) she will be happy to see you happy.. Looks like you are on the right path sir..

Ha ha. BS I say. BS.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a sleeping pill and laxative on the same night.

MGO Member
    I think everyone has covered the legal aspect well.

One idea you might want to consider is just buying a optic ready slide for the gun you have, assuming you like the gun, and the slide is available.
    That way you are not buying a new gun, and you can simply swap the slide to go from iron sights to optic and back. Screwing on and off the optic is more pain if you want to be able to go back and forth.
    I aim to misbehave ~Malcolm Reynolds
    Favorite Shooting Podcast

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast