Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Secure Way to Pa Electronically for Non-Serialized Firearm Parts from Private Seller?

I finally got a reply on my years long search for a .300blk X95 kit but sadly we cannot seem to find a way we agree on for me to pay them. Zelle flat out said that they won't guarantee my money if something went awry, and citing PayPal's anti-gun policies they only want me to use the trusted/friend's & family setting that means I don't get payment protection. And they don't want me to mail them a check as they had prior bad experiences with checks.

I don't want to assume the person is disingenuous, and I was so excited to be able to finally get the kit I couldn't sleep like a kid on Christmas Eve, so I really want this to work out. Does anyone know of a payment method I could use that keeps both parties honest that isn't butthurt about gun parts?

Thank you for your time.

MGO Member
    Pay a 3rd party FFL to handle the transfer maybe?
    I aim to misbehave ~Malcolm Reynolds
    Favorite Shooting Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by JDeko View Post
    . And they don't want me to mail them a check as they had prior bad experiences with checks.

Thank you for your time.
    No more secure or safe than a check but offer a postal money order ... used to the be the way of the world for Ebay before electronic payment methods.

On a related note is there a way to search out users on here? This person sent me an email to my personal email supposedly through the forums, not a DM on here. If I could see they had a history on here that would make me feel better as well but I've not really been able to figure out how to find if such an account exists.

Quote Originally Posted by Mkc451 View Post
    No more secure or safe than a check but offer a postal money order ... used to the be the way of the world for Ebay before electronic payment methods.
    I suggested a check but the seller was unwilling since they said they had bad experiences with checks in the past with checks, which I can understand since if I'm worried about sending them 50% of the money and never getting my product or my money back it's only logical they'd be worried about me cancelling the check after I get my product. Would the postal money order be more secure for the seller, as in harder for the sender of the check to cancel? But at the same time if I get scammed can I still get my money back?

Quote Originally Posted by j-squared View Post
    Pay a 3rd party FFL to handle the transfer maybe?
    I was thinking of asking them to create a GunBroker listing I could then snipe as soon as it goes live but I don't know if that would work as I've never made a GunBroker listing so I don't know how fast they go live after you create one. Other than that I'm not really sure what FFL would be willing to front the person the money through unsecured means, but I'm pretty naive and sheltered on the subject so might there be a special payment method available to them but not me?

Guntab.

It's new-ish, they offer an escrow service. They've been around since 2014 and previously only handled firearm sales, now they do anything firearm related. You pay Guntab, he sends the part, when you get the part and verify it's in good shape you tell Guntab and they release the funds to him.

I run r/GunAccessoriesForSale on Reddit and most our users use Paypal G&S but they don't allow gun parts, so that gets sketchy. We've been talking to the owner of GunTab lately and that sounds like a MUCH better system.

They charge 2.9% which is way cheaper than Paypal ($3.49%)

That being said, if they are LOCAL, I absolutely would not allow them to ship. There's no reason they can't meet in person, that's super strange.
    Last edited by somecrazygreek; 04-28-2022 at 01:43 PM.
    Canadian Import.
    μολὼν λαβέ, Ελευθερία ή θάνατος
    Reddit: u/MapleSyrupJediV2 moderator of r/GunAccessoriesForSale & r/MiGuns

I am a Forum User
    If they are allegedly an MGO member, why not meet them FTF with cash. I was selling a gun on here a few years ago and someone wanted it who lived near Alpena. It was a nice fall day and I felt like a roadtrip, so I offered to meet him at Frank's in Linwood. He was appreciative and I got a nice, relaxing drive out of it. Win-win.

If he actually has the kit in his possession, he's probably legit. I would do a face time for proof of life and then pay the man anyway he wants.

Quote Originally Posted by JDeko View Post
    On a related note is there a way to search out users on here? This person sent me an email to my personal email supposedly through the forums, not a DM on here. If I could see they had a history on here that would make me feel better as well but I've not really been able to figure out how to find if such an account exists.
    Click in the feedback thread sticky, click "search thread", type in their username in the "user name" section. A drop down should appear with the user names that are close, click it and search them. Be sure you actually search in that thread only. A user friendly means to check feedback has been on many peoples wish list, but it must be expensive to do. iTrader works great!
    Last edited by JDG; 04-28-2022 at 05:07 AM.
    Active airport shooter

Sounds like an extensive amount of effort for something that's easily solvable by doing this face-to-face in a public setting like a Meijer's parking lot.
    If you're concerned about the person not showing up after you drive there, ask to meet somewhere that's a halfway point.
    Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it. Ronald Reagan

Gotta be somebody need some killin
    Major Benson Winifred Payne

You could use a courier service.
    Teachers leave them kids alone
    Hey! teacher! leave us kids alone!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast