Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Thread: What is This?

What is This?

Took a couple 22 pistols to the range with the wife this afternoon. Beautiful day for sure. While at the range I picked up a couple of these. Never in my life have I seen any ammo like this. Can someone tell me what it is please? I am leaning towards some type of training round. The bottom will slide in and out somewhat also.
    20220429_160032_resized.jpg
    20220429_160037_resized.jpg
    20220429_160047_resized.jpg
    Join MGO Date 07-25-2007
    AMAC Member

Most likely a UTM paint simulator round.
    Think of it as a paintball round for a pistol or rifle.
    Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it. Ronald Reagan

Gotta be somebody need some killin
    Major Benson Winifred Payne

Yep. That’s a simunition. Found a ton of them in an abandoned office the local SWAT was training in. The “bullet” is a perforated plastic husk filled with paint. They look like a different design than the ones I’ve seen before though (plastic core). I believe they work by having the main charge expand the case to cycle the action, and a reduced or regulated charge to fire the paint.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuel Fire Desire View Post
    Yep. That’s a simunition. Found a ton of them in an abandoned office the local SWAT was training in. The “bullet” is a perforated plastic husk filled with paint. They look like a different design than the ones I’ve seen before though (plastic core). I believe they work by having the main charge expand the case to cycle the action, and a reduced or regulated charge to fire the paint.

I believe you need a special bbl too.
    Active airport shooter

Quote Originally Posted by JDG View Post
    I believe you need a special bbl too.

I wouldn’t doubt it. The paint bullets looked more like .30 cal than 9mm. I’d imagine a smooth bore with a generous lip in the chamber for the case to push off of.

After the first reply I Googled it and it sure looks like a paintball round. I never saw paintballs the shoot from a shell. I learn something new everyday. Now if I could just remember everything I learn. Thanks guys for the information.
    Join MGO Date 07-25-2007
    AMAC Member

Quote Originally Posted by JLHOG View Post
    After the first reply I Googled it and it sure looks like a paintball round. I never saw paintballs the shoot from a shell. I learn something new everyday. Now if I could just remember everything I learn. Thanks guys for the information.
    They hurt like a sumbitch too! A cop buddy got hit in the hand with one, had a nice bruise!
    Active airport shooter

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by JDG View Post
    They hurt like a sumbitch too! A cop buddy got hit in the hand with one, had a nice bruise!
    Generally feels like a bee sting - that stays for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by jeff s View Post
    Generally feels like a bee sting - that stays for a while.
    Yeah... get hit with a .223 one in the neck and say that.
    Bee sting my ass. That felt like I got hit by a wasp. On cocaine. That had just finished up a stack of HGH and was competing in a strong man/bee contest... and came in 1st, 3rd, and 6th place.
    I've never said 'I quit!' and felt proud about it later. But after taking that small dose of Hell, I was completely fine with my lack of fortitude.
    Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it. Ronald Reagan

Gotta be somebody need some killin
    Major Benson Winifred Payne

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by pscipio03 View Post
    Yeah... get hit with a .223 one in the neck and say that.
    Bee sting my ass. That felt like I got hit by a wasp. On cocaine. That had just finished up a stack of HGH and was competing in a strong man/bee contest... and came in 1st, 3rd, and 6th place.
    I've never said 'I quit!' and felt proud about it later. But after taking that small dose of Hell, I was completely fine with my lack of fortitude.
    Ok - bet the 223 one would really hurt. The 9MM ones will leave a welt and feel like a bee sting