I've got a build I'm pretty set on for a home defense weapon. I know everyone has their opinions on what is best for everything, I'm not really posting for opinions on that.

I'm posting to see if anyone has anything similar to what I'm hoping to build, in case I could meet up at a range and get some shots off and double check my decisions.

I'm planning an "AR-15" pistol build for home defense. After looking around quite a bit, I'm a big fan of the Sig MCX Rattler in 300 BO for many reasons. My plan is to run it suppressed, with subsonic defense ammo.

That being said, there's one thing that bothers me. It seems some people claim the gun is very gassy, especially with a suppressor.

Most of the claims seem to be quite old now, who knows if Sig has made changes to the gun to help this. It also seems that the suppressor you choose can make a difference. The Sig suppressor seems to create a lot of blowback but possibly a can that with a low blowback design like the Dead Air Sandman-S may help.

The charging handle seems to be another point of contention because it can allow blowback through and into the users face, and there are some aftermarket ones that are supposed to help.

All that being said, I'd hate to really assume anything, buy and build the whole gun, even with a suppressor claiming less blowback and mount a different charging handle, then find it still blows a lot of gas in your face.

So I just thought I'd check with this community and see if anyone happens to have a 300 BO Rattler they run suppressed. I'd love to meet up at a range if possible.

Thanks for any and all help! I'm located in Auburn Hills MI if that helps.

- Mike