Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MGO Member Forum User

Sell my gun online

Hello,

I received an offer from an FFL dealer online to buy my gun and asked me to ship it to him. Is it safe for me to do so? Appreciate any advice to legally do so and protect my interest in my gun...

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by mhammady View Post
    Hello,

I received an offer from an FFL dealer online to buy my gun and asked me to ship it to him. Is it safe for me to do so? Appreciate any advice to legally do so and protect my interest in my gun...

Thank you
    Questions....

Do you know this FFL or done business with them in the past?
    How did they know you had this particular gun? Rifle or Pistol?
    Who is paying for the shipping? If its a pistol you will have to use another FFL to do the transfer as I understand it.

You might want to post this question in the Legal Beagle Corner forum as to any legal issues and laws you might need to consider.

Can't comment without knowing the FFL's name.
    Teachers leave them kids alone
    Hey! teacher! leave us kids alone!

MGO Member Forum User
    Hi all, the FFL name is https://www.guns.com

I was able to check its FFL number online but I have no experience whatsoever with it. It offers ok price with free shipping and sent me a shipping label… I’m now supposedly will pack the pistol in a box, put the label and drop it to UPS…

I got an offer (lower) from local FFL from where I purchased the gun originally, but I’m waiting for your advise on how shall I proceed…

I am a Forum User
    Guns.com is good to go. They'll explain what to do next

MGO Member Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by dwcopple View Post
    Guns.com is good to go. They'll explain what to do next
    Thank you

MGO Member
    Why don't you post it on MGO and you will get a better price with one of the members than a FFL......I was a FFL for 18 years and would only pay 60% at the most for a gun that is what most will buy for maybe a little more if you were buying a gun.....

MGO Member Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by coyote wacker View Post
    Why don't you post it on MGO and you will get a better price with one of the members than a FFL......I was a FFL for 18 years and would only pay 60% at the most for a gun that is what most will buy for maybe a little more if you were buying a gun.....
    I did but there was no luck

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by mhammady View Post
    Hello,

Thank you
    You can use the BATFE's "FFL eZCheck" site to verify if an FFL is legit and that you're shipping to their address (and not to the address on a forged FFL). Have the FFL provide you with the first three digits and the last 5 digits of their FFL number. Use this on the FFL eZcheck web site to verify that the FFL is valid (expiration date) and that the shipping address on the web site matches the address they want you to ship to. Note that, while some FFLs do receive product at their mailing address, I suggest ONLY shipping to the PREMISE address identified by the FFL eZCheck web site.

Also, if someone provides you with a paper or electronic copy of an FFL and asks you to ship to the, always use the FFL eZCheck web site to verify that someone didn't obtain a copy of an FFL, then modify the address on the copy. Again, the FFL eZCheck site will verify EXACTLY what should be on that paper or electronic FFL copy. If ANYTHING is different, it's most likely a forgery.

Finally, if you are a non-licensee and are planning on shipping directly to an FFL, make sure that (a) the FFL will accept a shipment from non-licensee and (b) you use the appropriate and legal means to ship (e.g., you can't ship a handgun via USPS nor pack/print/ship by handing it to the UPS guy or dropping it off at a UPS retail store).

BATFE's FFL eZCheck site: https://fflezcheck.atf.gov/FFLEzCheck/

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by jziggy101 View Post
    If its a pistol you will have to use another FFL to do the transfer as I understand it.
    That's not correct.

For interstate transfers, the only FFL that *has* to be involved is on the receiving end. You do not HAVE to use an FFL on the sender's end. That said, while it is often easier (and sometimes less expensive) to have an FFL on your end ship it to another FFL for you, it's not required. Just make sure the FFL that is receiving the item is willing to accept shipments from non-licensees (not all will).

For intrastate transfers (in-state), you can avoid the FFL if the receiving party has a valid MI CPL (use form RI-060) or if the receiving party has obtained a License to Purchase a pistol (form RI-010 from a LE agency), although many FFLs will facilitate an in-state transfer between MI residents, too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast