Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    MGO Board of Directors

Best Firearm Owner's MGO Perk EVA!

"But then there are plenty of gun folks who think no one should rock the boat because it might piss off the anti gun crowd/politicians and cause even more gun control." - Bikenut
    Submissive gun rights advocates need to lose their submissiveness before we lose our 2A rights.

MGO Board of Directors

"But then there are plenty of gun folks who think no one should rock the boat because it might piss off the anti gun crowd/politicians and cause even more gun control." - Bikenut
    Submissive gun rights advocates need to lose their submissiveness before we lose our 2A rights.

MGO Board of Directors

MGO Board of Directors

I've taken a few of Trek's handgun courses. Might be time to find a long gun course of some sort.

I think Ann Arbor Arms has an AR15 assembly course. Might be an interesting thing to do.
    This scholarship spans to just about any firearm training.

How about you long range shooters? Did you learn it on your own or go to a class to get the basics?

I did a couple MDFI classes a decade ago downstate... But is anything even offered near the Straits?

MGO Member
    I think this benefit would have been more effective in gaining new members had it been explained more completely and clearly. Given only a few days to sign up (got the email on Friday, had to sign up before Sunday, i.e only two days Friday and Saturday to make a decision) with very vague description (and even the FAQ doesn't answer everything) of the benefits wasn't very productive.

I'm not complaining, I've been a paid member for some time and will take advantage of it. In fact joining as a paid member is/was one of the best things I've done. The benefits far out weigh the cost. But.... I would have signed up my wife and gotten my son to join as well had the benefits been better explained. All three of us were planning on doing firearms training this year.
    Last edited by Garymac; 05-17-2022 at 07:00 AM.
    No man made law physically prevents one from doing anything they have a mind to.

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by Garymac View Post
    I think this benefit would have been more effective in gaining new members had it been explained more completely and clearly.
    The scholarship is primarily intended to benefit MGO members. As an added plus, paying members had an opportunity to get with friends and family, and plan on taking a course together, if they joined. If this were a membership push, MGO would have blasted this to Facebook, gun shops, training organizations, and other gun groups, with the paying membership perhaps not getting the benefit. This is for our members.

Quote Originally Posted by Garymac View Post
    I would have signed up my wife and gotten my son to join as well had the benefits been better explained. All three of us were planning on doing firearms training this year.
    What is unclear? Since we've been hammering this thing out for months, perhaps the BOD doesn't see the void. If so, that needs to be cleaned up.

I waited until the email blast went out to the membership and then forwarded it on to a friend that I'd love to have with me in a class. He responded within a few hours, plenty of time before the "join before" deadline, that he was tied up on weekends and weekday classes may be hard to find. "Wow, what a great offer though. Why have I not heard of MGO before? I should join anyway. If they do it again, please let me know."

Still looking for input on long distance shooting classes, btw.

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by UpNorthWOLF View Post
    I did a couple MDFI classes a decade ago downstate... But is anything even offered near the Straits?
    MDFI_Map_2022-1024x914.jpg

Here's their map, although it doesn't have to be MDFI. There's probably lots of firearm instructors with various classes in Northern MI.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackam View Post
    MDFI_Map_2022-1024x914.jpg

Here's their map, although it doesn't have to be MDFI. There's probably lots of firearm instructors with various classes in Northern MI.
    Thanks... and I was hoping someone might chime in with knowledge of things in the north. I know of none advertised around here.

The only long-range shooting I know of is CMP in Ohio.
    NRA Life member, NRARSO, Howell Gun Club member, MDFI Alum 2019 & 2020, 2023 GOA Life Member. MGO life member.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast