Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

MGO Board of Directors

HB 6113 of 2022 - Waiver of hunter safety course for individuals with a valid concealed pistol license or military service members

HB 6113 of 2022
    Natural resources: hunting; waiver of hunter safety course for individuals with a valid concealed pistol license and military service members; provide for.
    Last Action: 5/19/2022 bill electronically reproduced 05/19/2022
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

I'm pretty ambivalent about this, but it doesn't make a lot of sense. Hunter's safety courses cover a lot more than just firearms safety. Having a CPL or a career in the military does not cover the same bases as hunter's safety.

Yeah not a fan this is going to bring more risk than benefit in my opinion

MGO Board of Directors

I personally would not support this. Although they are nowhere nears as strict as they used to be about hunter safety courses.
    Like and follow MGO on FaceBook
    https://www.facebook.com/migunowners.org

DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

SW of Grand Rapids, surrounded by chickens, Detroit some weekends.
    Quote Originally Posted by matt11 View Post
    ….Although they are nowhere nears as strict as they used to be about hunter safety courses.
    This is the basic difference and why it’s really not going to matter that many, including you and I do not support the change.
    “Cui prodest?” Lucius Annaeus Seneca

MGO Member
    If there aren’t going to be readily accessible hunter safety courses then yes, do this. I’ve been trying to find one that would be conveniently located and haven’t had any luck.