Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Best fire arms course you took?

Hey everybody what’s the best firearms course that you ever took? Curious to see what helped which ones didn’t would you recommend to someone who was just getting into it

MGO Member
    No man made law physically prevents one from doing anything they have a mind to.

Quote Originally Posted by Garymac View Post
    Second that!

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

The only one I've ever taken was the home defense shotgun class at Top Gun. It was a good beginner class where I think you learn a lot of good stuff and the instructor was very pleasant.

Thanks I’ll go check those out!

Quote Originally Posted by Garymac View Post
    I’ve taken a dozen classes with live movement etc for handgun and carbine. If you haven’t taken AppleSeed, please take this first. You will learn the best fundamentals anywhere. After that, MDFI has great courses, Suarez international, and Jericho defense. Also anything at the MTC in lake city.

I am a Forum User
    Hey James:

I have taken a number of training courses and the appleseed and the CCW are good ones.

Not saying it is the bestest but if you want to improve your marksmanship skills, and have a lot of fun while doing it, I recommend that you join a team.

For rifle, you should join a local 3 position of 4 position smallbore rifle team.

As for pistol, find your local bullseye team and start competing every week.

While I am not competing much in rifle any more, I do compete in bullseye pistol a couple times a week all year long. Wintertime we compete indoors.

If you would like some recommendations for local pistol teams, shoot me a pm and if you are near me I can direct you to matches next week.

For what it is worth, I took a two day training course with Brian Zins and it was awesome. Google Brian Zins if you have to.

Regards,
    CRankster

TDI snubby revolver & sub compact pistol class

I am a Forum User
    US Army Basic Training

MGO Member
    MDFI has some VERY useful classes. Ive trained a few at this point, and looking forward to another one this saturday at bluewater.

Im working through their catalogue to eventually get to low light courses and other more complex ones. Ive done YSINTG (which I got for free due to MGO - awesome perk), foundation carbine, foundation shotgun, I dont remember what else at this point either but their library includes A LOT of different subjects and disciplines and safety is top notch.

https://trainmdfi.com/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast