Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

Man Accidentally Fires Handgun Entering Virginia Gun Show - Charged With Reckless Handling

A man accidentally discharged his concealed carry pistol entering a Hampton, Virginia gun show yesterday and has been charged with reckless handling of a firearm:

https://news.yahoo.com/man-accidenta...011200476.html

Man accidentally fires gun at Hampton gun show, is charged with reckless handling
    By Peter Dujardin - April 1, 2023

A man accidentally fired a handgun at a gun show at the Hampton Roads Convention Center on Saturday afternoon, Hampton Police said.

The gun owner was “clearing his weapon to enter” the event when he “accidentally discharged the gun into the floor,” Hampton Police Cpl. Ernest Williams said.

It happened at 12:42 p.m. in a convention center hallway that leads into the show. A source told the Daily Press the gun was fired not far from where a group of Girl Scouts was selling cookies at a booth.

The gun owner, a Smithfield man, was charged with reckless handling of a firearm, Williams said. That’s a Class 1 misdemeanor, punishable by up to a year behind bars.

Williams did not immediately have the man’s name or age, saying he believes the man was issued a summons to appear in court later rather than being physically arrested.

The event, sponsored by Southeastern Guns & Knives, is known as the “SGK Hampton Gun Show.”

It’s common practice at gun shows for weapons to be checked — and verified to be unloaded — before people can enter.

“No loaded firearms or loose ammunition are permitted in the building,” this event’s website says. “All federal and local firearm laws and ordinances must be obeyed.”....

He missed the 55 gallon drum filled with sand designed for this purpose.
    Teachers leave them kids alone
    Hey! teacher! leave us kids alone!

Same thing happened more than once at Gibraltar Trade Center in Taylor. Always thought it was an accident waiting to happen.
    ΥΣΜΧ SEMPER FIDELIS !

LIFE MEMBER OF THE WORLD'S LARGEST FRATERNITY

71 AND COUNTING

MGO Board of Directors

I was at the Novi gun show when a seller shot the floor unloading his weapon.
    For as long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions be brought under English rule. It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom — for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.
    MGO Life Member, NRA Life Member, MOC Member.

MGO Member
    Eastpointe (formerly known as East Detroit)
    Quote Originally Posted by DEVIL DOG View Post
    Same thing happened more than once at Gibraltar Trade Center in Taylor. Always thought it was an accident waiting to happen.
    I was at the Gibraltar Trade Center in Mt. Clemens when there was not one, but two, accidental discharges. Dealer forgot to unload a .22 rifle, customer picked it up and fired it...handed it back to the dealer who went to unload it, and it went off again, this time injuring 3 people. Made the news...
    https://www.cbsnews.com/detroit/news...-trade-center/

I am a Forum User
    Oboy !! I remember a punk kid, letting a few rounds rip in the air Gibraltar trade center in Mount Clemens, quite a few years back! Smh

Marketplace Moderator
    I am all for CPL laws here. A lot of people carrying a handgun these days are not very familiar with their weapon. And you make those people unload their weapons to enter a show with crowds of people around??? Let the CPL people carry into the shows. Some do let you carry. But Gibralter did not. Just a stupid rule that causes problems. I took a CPL class. During the range time, a guy shot like 50 rounds at the paper target. He had one half moon hit at the edge of the target. The only hit. The range officer told him, "You Pass!" This the quality of the people you ask to unload their firearms at gun shows. Open carry is a different story. My opinion

Expect more of this with the new "Safe Storage" law.
    "My gun is not illegal, it's just undocumented!"

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by CV67PAT View Post
    Expect more of this with the new "Safe Storage" law.
    Yep! From my local paper this week:

Woman accidentally discharges gun in vehicle at Belleville Post Office

On Saturday April 1, at approximately 1:13 p.m., the Van Buren Police Department responded to the parking lot of the U.S. Post Office to the report of a self-inflicted gunshot wound.

Deputy Chief Joshua Monte reported that, upon arrival, officers discovered a female sitting in the driver’s seat of her parked vehicle, who had accidentally discharged her firearm, shooting herself in the thigh.

Responding officers provided first aid until the Van Buren Fire Department and EMS arrived. The female was transported to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries, Deputy Chief Monte said.

He said the female driver was holder of a Concealed Pistol License (CPL) and could legally possess the handgun. A one-year old child was in the rear seat of the vehicle. Fortunately, she was not hurt, Monte said.

He said there are no pending criminal charges.
    Bet that wouldn't have happened if carrying in the Post Office was legal...

Or, did the 1 year old shoot her?
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

I am a Forum User
    Always thought it was weird that you can't carry in a gun show.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast