Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

MGO Board of Directors

HB 6165 of 2022 - Prohibit firearms within 100 feet of any entrance where absentee ballots are being counted

HB 6165 of 2022
    Weapons: other; firearms within 100 feet of an absentee ballot counting board while ballots are being counted; prohibit.
    Last Action: 6/2/2022 bill electronically reproduced 06/02/2022
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by PhotoTom View Post
    HB 6165 of 2022
    Weapons: other; firearms within 100 feet of an absentee ballot counting board while ballots are being counted; prohibit.
    Last Action: 6/2/2022 bill electronically reproduced 06/02/2022
    What ballot counters have been shot in the past to necessitate this NEW infringement?

Quote Originally Posted by Leader View Post
    What ballot counters have been shot in the past to necessitate this NEW infringement?
    It is not a matter of what has happened, it is a matter of preventing being stopped from what they are planning. Or at least being able to charge people with a crime to cloud the issues. Goal: Prevent another Athens.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

I am a Forum User
    Will this also apply to those counting ? Leaving them defenseless against anyone who is going to break the law regardless ?

And this in essence makes it a crime to carry in ANY polling place, although covertly attempting to slide this in. Absentee ballots are counted at the polling location they are sent to!

NO on this one!!!!!
    MI_XD
    SW Michigan
    ----Hey Joe and A Camal----Oh, and now Stretchy Gretchey
    ---- What part of "Shall Not Be Infringed" do you not Understand?"
    -----