Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

MGO Member

lower parts kits

HELLO,

I have some AR's with the CMMG lower parts kit (minus FCG and grip) I specifically like their extended take down pins. This is why I like to use their kits.

I'm assembling another AR and would like some options of other kits. High end or not. I've seen cool no walk pins and such. I just want to try something a bit different than my other builds which all end up being CMMG lower parts kit. Geissele G2S trigger and a magpul grip.... at least their all consistent!

Thank you for your input.

I’ve used various LPK’s in my builds and have found no difference in the parts as long as I use a well respected and well known company like CMMG.
    Fact is, I generally use CMMG because they are decently priced for the quality.
    I don’t know for sure, but I’d be willing to bet a shiny nickel that 99% of the parts going into a LMK are made by the same manufacturer, then the sticker is slapped on the bag for Company XYZ.
    Some may have a tweak here or there like polished parts or TiN coating, but that’s something done later on.
    In short, I see no reason to use anything other than CMMG for your build. Minus the fire control group that is. Their triggers are pure garbage.
    Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it. Ronald Reagan

Gotta be somebody need some killin
    Major Benson Winifred Payne

I am a Forum User
    I’ve only been building for a few years but I as well stick with cmmg just do to quality. My dad always said, “no need to switch something that’s working satisfactory and proficiently.” Although on the contrary to pops, I recently purchased Aeros EPC9 lower for a build and thought ehh why not get their lpk-fcg (as I already had a RA trigger with anti walk pins I wanted to try out) with the thought the tolerances should be perfect…. Well should’ve stuck with what my dad told me. One of the detent pins were bent and I had to replace 2 springs as the coating they applied wouldn’t allow passage into the lower.

While I couldn’t advise of any other options… I say stick with what works for you!

I am a Forum User
    I tried a Combat Armory LPK on my last stripped lower.. they're a local company.. ( in Commerce, Mi.)
    Shipped parts quickly & when I tried their FCG, it didn't function properly.
    Contacted them and they immediately sent out another whole complete LPK..not just the FCG.
    Been using it ever since..

I am a Forum User
    I've been using Aero parts kits lately, but might switch to Geiselle, they use all stainless steel parts as opposed to unknown metals that most others use.

I've used Aero, Geissele, Spike's BCM, CMMG, S&W....etc, probably 10-15 different manufacturer's LPKs over time, I've never had an issue with any of them as long as I went with a reputable manufacturer. The only one that gave me trouble was a lower I was building on the cheap and went with some generic no name LPK, the hammer retention pin was insanely difficult to get in. After that experience, I swore off not paying the extra $10-15 for something like a CMMG, Aero, BCM, etc.
    MGO Member
    Ragnarok Arms, LLC in Saline, MI- Type 1 FFL
    www.ragnarokarms.com

MGO Member
    Thanks for the responses. I think i'll stick with CMMG! Much appreciated.

MGO Member
    I see that you specifically mention the takedown pins that you like.

You may want to check out the Battle Arms Development Enhanced Takedown pin set.

Not cheap, but some of the nicest that I've ever seen. Hint: You can get them for less from Larue and they are in stock there.