Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

I am a Forum User

Revolver reloading ...

Made this short video comparing the reloading speed by hand, a strip and a speed loader.. 'nuff said.. the results speak for themselves//

https://youtu.be/dMzeWyplhpw

Good stuff my friend. I shot a S & W model 625 45 ACP wheel gun in competition for almost 10 years. It used full moon clips. When I was younger and won the state USPSA match with that gun I could do 2.5 second reloads with ease.

Jerry Mikulack reloads his 625 in under 2 seconds.

Mark

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by MichiganShootist View Post
    Good stuff my friend. I shot a S & W model 625 45 ACP wheel gun in competition for almost 10 years. It used full moon clips. When I was younger and won the state USPSA match with that gun I could do 2.5 second reloads with ease.

Jerry Mikulack reloads his 625 in under 2 seconds.

Mark
    One day I will get my hands on a 625 - Isn't that a 635 in your avatar picture.. Awesome to know you won the championship

Quote Originally Posted by JimSig View Post
    One day I will get my hands on a 625 - Isn't that a 635 in your avatar picture.. Awesome to know you won the championship
    I’ve been trying to find a 625 mountain gun for years. I used to sell a bunch of them whenI worked at an FFL…..I’m kicking myself now years later for not being interested in wheel guns back then.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuel Fire Desire View Post
    I’ve been trying to find a 625 mountain gun for years. I used to sell a bunch of them whenI worked at an FFL…..I’m kicking myself now years later for not being interested in wheel guns back then.
    one day.. I keep telling myself.. its on my short list.

On the topic, when I carry my big boomer carry gun (a Toklat) for the sake of bulk I typically carry a reload in what I’ve heard called a 2x2x2. After ejection I lay the butt on my waist and pinch off 2 at a time. I typically carry it at my 1 O’clock and lay the butt next to my belt buckle. For woods carry it’s not that bad, fairly quick, though not something I’d use for daily carry since I have to drop the pistol so far down out of line of sight.

.45 colt/ .454 speed loaders are massive for the 6 shot Toklat. I’ve experimented back and forth between speed strips and the 2x2x2 for it, and found the 2x2x2 faster since it’s always in the same spot on my belt, and I don’t need to go fishing for it in a pocket.

When I go skiing, I don’t like to use a belt or shoulder holster at all to prevent injury when falling. I carry a .45 colt snub in my lower jacket pocket with a couple speed strips laid in there with it. By far my slowest means of carry and reload, but it’s for wildlife among everything else. Still significantly faster to reload than by fumbling with loose rounds though, as demonstrated above.

Last edited by Fuel Fire Desire; 06-07-2022 at 07:31 AM.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuel Fire Desire View Post
    On the topic, when I carry my big boomer carry gun (a Toklat) for the sake of bulk I typically carry a reload in what I’ve heard called a 2x2x2. After ejection I lay the butt on my waist and pinch off 2 at a time. I typically carry it at my 1 O’clock and lay the butt next to my belt buckle. For woods carry it’s not that bad, fairly quick, though not something I’d use for daily carry since I have to drop the pistol so far down out of line of sight.

.45 colt/ .454 speed loaders are massive for the 6 shot Toklat. I’ve experimented back and forth between speed strips and the 2x2x2 for it, and found the 2x2x2 faster since it’s always in the same spot on my belt, and I don’t need to go fishing for it in a pocket.

When I go skiing, I don’t like to use a belt or shoulder holster at all to prevent injury when falling. I carry a .45 colt snub in my lower jacket pocket with a couple speed strips laid in there with it. By far my slowest means of carry and reload, but it’s for wildlife among everything else. Still significantly faster to reload than by fumbling with loose rounds though, as demonstrated above.

interesting setups.. thanks for sharing..