Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

I am a Forum User

Trigger job recommendations?

Looking for recommendations for a smith to do a trigger job on a Springfield xdm.2 tactical.
    Would like to lighten it and get it a little more crisp.

I put a Powder River trigger in my XDS. Although it isn’t perfect it did knock a few LB’s off and smooth it out some. I doubt there is much more you can do with one of these guns, but then I’m not a gunsmith

https://www.brownells.com/handgun-pa...prod53900.aspx
    "Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

I am a Forum User
    I would say look around. I had a gunsmith do a trigger job in my XDM 5.25. He started with the powder river trigger kit, I think it was the extreme. He then did some extra work on it to get it to about 2.5-3 pounds. It has almost no pre-travel and minimal reset. This is the best striker fired handgun trigger I ever felt and would put it against any other trigger job on a striker fired pistol. Springer precision might do trigger jobs for the XDM.

I am a Forum User
    Do you remember who the gunsmith was? That's exactly what I'm looking for

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by bono View Post
    Ask yourself, do I love this gun so much that I'm prepared to throw a few hundred bucks at it that I'll NEVER get back? If so, go for it. But be sure it's THE gun that you'll NEVER sell first...

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by dwcopple View Post
    Ask yourself, do I love this gun so much that I'm prepared to throw a few hundred bucks at it that I'll NEVER get back? If so, go for it. But be sure it's THE gun that you'll NEVER sell first...
    Just started shooting idpa and do like the gun for the ssp class. At the end of the day if it's only a couple hundred then that's fine by me. If I find something different and I take a hit, that's just part of it

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by bono View Post
    His name is Ryan Spencer and his shop was Spencer race guns. Sadly he is no longer performing gunsmithing services.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Evansky2 View Post
    His name is Ryan Spencer and his shop was Spencer race guns. Sadly he is no longer performing gunsmithing services.
    Damn!
    I appreciate the response

I know Ryan. He's a good guy. Yes, he step away from doing anything like that.
    NRA Life member, NRARSO, Howell Gun Club member, MDFI Alum 2019 & 2020, 2023 GOA Life Member. MGO life member.

https://shop.springerprecision.com/p...trigger-parts/

Place where you could send in for the upgrade.
    NRA Life member, NRARSO, Howell Gun Club member, MDFI Alum 2019 & 2020, 2023 GOA Life Member. MGO life member.