Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I am a Forum User

bio-metric safes opinion

1. I know gun safes activated by finger print have been around for awhile. my son had one awhile ago he said it was junk.

Any have experience with finger print activated?

2. Recently I have been getting ads for "finger vein" activated gun safe.

Anyone have experience with these? "MAXSafes pro pistol safe.

I have a medium sized floor stand safe in basement. I am looking for some thing for bedroom or easy to get to for defense. I have a bunch of grand kids who visit frequently and get into everything so I dont leave anything dangerous out.

txs opr1945

I am a Forum User
    I have not had any luck with electronic locks on gun safes. Electronic things fail and batteries die. I have had 2 Gunvault brand pistol safes and both failed me on more than one occasion. I use my carry gun as my bedside gun so there is never a gun in the bedroom unless I'm in there.

Maybe this could work for you............

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Casual-Ho...ture/223269685
    Last edited by december1979; 06-28-2022 at 07:50 AM.

I am a Forum User
    I have a Vaultek safe with a biometric lock and overall I’m happy with it. I’ve had it for a few years and never been locked out. I have found that If your fingerprint is too dry or cracked that it won’t read. But I programmed both thumbs and a finger , so I’ve Always been able to get in. It can save 25 fingerprints and has a keypad lock as well as a plug for AC power and a battery backup. It’s also Wi-Fi so it contacts my iPhone when it opens, or if someone tried to open it. Overall I’d definitely recommend it

In Memoriam Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrindle View Post
    I have a Vaultek safe with a biometric lock and overall I’m happy with it. I’ve had it for a few years and never been locked out. I have found that If your fingerprint is too dry or cracked that it won’t read. But I programmed both thumbs and a finger , so I’ve Always been able to get in. It can save 25 fingerprints and has a keypad lock as well as a plug for AC power and a battery backup. It’s also Wi-Fi so it contacts my iPhone when it opens, or if someone tried to open it. Overall I’d definitely recommend it
    My concern is if I cut my finger or my hands were dirty the scanner wouldn't work.

I am a Forum User
    That’s why I programmed 3 fingerprints. The Vaultek safe has room for 25 different fingerprints, and it has a keypad so you can enter a pin if all your fingers are too cut up to read

I just got one that has key backup and fob as well as pin…seems better than fingerprints but I have not evidence one is better than the other