Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<
Call for volunteers to help MGO at Outdoorama, Feb 22 - 26, 2023 at The Suburban Collection Showplace, Novi, Michigan! CLICK >>>>HERE<<<< FOR MORE DETAILS!

KROGER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21
  1. #11
    I found mycube had a biometric safe. It’s pricey though something like $550+

  2. #12
    MGO Member MichiganShootist's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Waterford Michigan
    Posts
    2,586
    For that kind of money you can buy and up-right gun safe

    Mark

  3. #13
    I am a Forum User
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Grand Blanc
    Posts
    75
    I have this safe next to my nightstand that I keep a gun in, mags, money, medications and other stuff that should not be left out. I have had it for years and it works good.

    https://www.barska.com/large-biometric-safe-by-barska

    I have this safe bolted to the side of my nightstand for my home self defense firearm.

    https://vaulteksafe.com/products/vaultek-slider-series/

    I think Vaulteksafe will have a few options you might be interested in.

    I have a Liberty safe in my basement where I keep all my other stuff.

  4. #14
    MGO Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    MACOMB TWP., MI
    Posts
    2,645
    Quote Originally Posted by drober30 View Post
    I have this safe next to my nightstand that I keep a gun in, mags, money, medications and other stuff that should not be left out. I have had it for years and it works good.

    https://www.barska.com/large-biometric-safe-by-barska

    I have this safe bolted to the side of my nightstand for my home self defense firearm.

    https://vaulteksafe.com/products/vaultek-slider-series/

    I think Vaulteksafe will have a few options you might be interested in.

    I have a Liberty safe in my basement where I keep all my other stuff.
    Good enough maybe to keep the kids out, but that's about it.

  5. #15
    I can't post links yet! Forum User
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Brighton, MI
    Posts
    7
    Interesting commentary both pro and con on these bio safes. I’ve always been concerned that my either my beat up hands and fingers (especially in winter) won’t register quickly when needed. Even my ipad has the same problem. I guess its like a lot of technology and that once you get used to it there can be a benefit.

  6. #16
    I am a Forum User
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Grand Blanc
    Posts
    75
    Quote Originally Posted by VIGILANT View Post
    Good enough maybe to keep the kids out, but that's about it.
    Exactly my intentions for the Barska. Everything else I said is in a Liberty safe in my basement which is a premium floor safe bolted to my concrete floor.

  7. #17
    MGO Member Imshootin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    SE Michigan
    Posts
    11,899
    Here's an MGO thread from 2018. A little more food for thought.

    https://www.migunowners.org/forum/sh...t=Handgun+safe
    It takes balls to succeed in girl's sports these days.

  8. #18
    MGO Member Imshootin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    SE Michigan
    Posts
    11,899
    Quote Originally Posted by SportsterBob View Post
    Interesting commentary both pro and con on these bio safes. I’ve always been concerned that my either my beat up hands and fingers (especially in winter) won’t register quickly when needed. Even my ipad has the same problem. I guess its like a lot of technology and that once you get used to it there can be a benefit.
    In my experience, if you've got working hands that might get a nick or a cut or if you have prune finger tips because you're dehydrated or just got out of the pool/bathtub then a biometric safe is probably not your best choice. I bought a bedside safe with a simplex lock 4 or so years ago and I would never consider a biometric safe still.
    I've got a fairly current 5G phone that one would think has a pretty recent biometric reading system but it still fails me on occasion due to the condition of my fingertips.
    The simplex lock on my safe never fails me. Push the right buttons and you're good to go.
    It takes balls to succeed in girl's sports these days.

  9. #19
    Do any make a chirping noise when batteries go low like
    Smoke alarm? That would be helpful

  10. #20
    MGO Member Matt`G's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Brighton, MI
    Posts
    170
    I have a Verifi S6000 and have had it for about 2 years. I've never had good luck with fingerprint readers (iPhone/iPad, laptops, commercial security entrances, kid's school, etc) due to dry skin, cuts, etc. I swore off any kind of fingerprint reader for a safe. Then I took a chance on this one based on some research... and it has been fantastic. You push a button, then place a finger on the reader, and the door unlocks in under a second. Plus, it has a good interface for programming fingerprints, audit logs, alerts, battery readings, and a built-in LED that shines inside the safe when the door opens.

    https://verifisafe.com/products/biom...rt-safe-s6000/

    I have several fingers saved in there, but it just simply works every time. It's a big fingerprint reader so it's easy to get your finger on the right spot quickly. I am in and out of it typically 2x / day (morning/night), and it gives you battery life percentage every time you close it. I change the batteries once per year and they are typically still 85% or so at that point.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
only search Michigan Gun Owners Forums
MGO's Facebook MGO's Twitter