Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Many of the 450BM barrels are actually a light profile because of the .45" hole in the center. Adding more barrel weight helps smooth out the recoil. The 350L is also a good option if your shots are typically under 200yds. One of my hunting buddies (tall slim guy in his late 50's) borrowed my 450BM but didn't like the recoil. When he returned it at the end of the season he asked about a 350L, so I let him shoot my sons 35AR (extremely similar predecessor) and he liked it, so I made him an 18" heavier profile 350L barrel with carbine length gas system. He loves it. Nice light recoil and still puts the deer down at the ranges we hunt.

I am a Forum User
    If I didn’t reload and had to rely on factory ammo, I’d probably opt for the .350L. It’s cheaper and effective enough. I hunt with the .357max with similar ballistics, and I know it’s effective. It’s also easier to reload than the Legend. The .450 is very versatile if you reload for it.

Quote Originally Posted by buckey View Post
    One thing to note is though I love to build AR's, some .450's/.350 Legends do have Mag/feed issues. As with any purchase do your home work. One last note of interest last week I left my bolt Varmint gun home and used a AR to shoot chucks and the muzzle blast was terrible with out muffs, something to keep in mind.
    Agreed. I ended up going savage 110 in 350 because I don't have the patience to fuss with mags when there are easy solutions and I am used to reliable off the shelf mags.

MGO Member
    To each their own, What ever someone may choose I hope it's trouble free! Life's too short to be in the "I wish it worked better" mode

I can't post links yet! Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by buckey View Post
    To each their own, What ever someone may choose I hope it's trouble free! Life's too short to be in the "I wish it worked better" mode
    I bought an upper like 5 years ago that came with one mag. I bought an identical additional mag at the same time.
    That gun has been 100% reliable feeding and ejecting. Not one hiccup.
    Does it kick? Yes, but not as much as the mosseberg 500 I'd been shooting. I added a Limbsaver recoil pad to it and it's fine.
    Every deer that's been shot with it (out to 262 yards) hasn't gone more than 30 yards after the hit. The head count is up to close to 20.
    If I was headed to the UP to hunt I'd take this gun well before I'd take my 30/06 or 300 WM.

Careful with the 350 Legend. I bought one for my niece to use and my Dad ended up shooting a few deer with it. I don't consider it a 200 yard gun given the results on 2 of his deer. One didn't bleed a drop and the other went unrecovered. I may have to blame the ammo in the case of the lost deer. Hornady. Found the jacket of the bullet laying on the ground next to where the deer flipped over and laid down (middle of a cut bean field.) I'd limit shots with the 350L to 150 or less.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by CyborgWarrior View Post
    I went with the .450 for hunting the shotgun zone.
    I chose to go with an AR because I have a couple with excellent triggers, love the modular ability and “you can’t hunt with an AR”.
    It makes an great 200 yard carbine that is much easier on my shoulder that 12 gauge slugs.
    I actually enjoy shooting the Thumper, something I could never say about a slug gun.
    These are my sentiments exactly. Used a 12 gauge slug for years until the law changed. I picked up a .450 upper from Midway and slapped it on a lower with a Geissele trigger. I now hunt “north of the line” and while my buddies all use their .308s and ‘06s I’m content to stick with my .450. I have the Leupold 450 scope so ranging is a breeze. I was ringing the 300 yard gong at the Midland Sportsman’s range last fall with no issue.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12