Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Do you like Glocks but hate the grip? It can be fixed by you for relatively cheap

So I absolutely love the simplicity and ease of maintenance of Glocks but hate the grip as I’ve got smaller hands and they just aren’t as comfortable as competitors in the space.

I’ve spent the last several years bouncing around different manufacturers trying to find what works but have never been 100% satisfied with where I ended up.

Recently I stumbled across a company that makes a jig and 3D printed backstraps to solve the grip issues I have with Glocks.

The jig was expensive ($85) but I took the plunge and I’ve got to say, it just works.
    The jig holds the frame and allows you to cut off the hump on the grip.
    Their 3D printed solid nylon backstrap gets epoxied in place and when dry, you just stipple the grip to further anchor it and get a uniform look.

Pics of the process and end result are below.
    Never mind my stippling job on the end products as I am more of a function over looks guy.

85CA0DE5-5B07-4A77-AAA3-2EDF4F96B2D6.jpg9D386430-E23B-416A-9279-66F7FE54FEE3.jpgA1D89FFC-6D86-44DE-AD08-FD1FDEE59860.jpg
    Last edited by windago; 07-04-2022 at 06:14 AM.

I am a Forum User
    Grip force adapter long and grind off finger grooves. Solved for $10.

In Memoriam Forum User
    Get yourself a S&W M&P and your problems will be gone! Also it appears they did away with the finger groves on GLOCK's GEN5 pistols.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by VIGILANT View Post
    Get yourself a S&W M&P and your problems will be gone! Also it appears they did away with the finger groves on GLOCK's GEN5 pistols.
    Then you only have to get a trigger job.
    Washtenaw Sportsman's Club member
    NRA Certified RSO (Thanks MGO)
    NRA Member

In Memoriam Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by hendo View Post
    Then you only have to get a trigger job.
    Not if you get a Performance Center version!

I’m very familiar with Glocks and can fully strip one down and put it back together with one punch in a couple minutes.

While I’ve owned my share of M&P’s and like the new 2.0’s I just don’t have the same familiarity with them so I’ll just fix the one nagging thing that I don’t like about the Glock.

Grip now pretty much replicates the Polymer 80’s with the benefit that it fits actual Glock holsters and is serialized so I feel comfortable carrying concealed.
    Last edited by windago; 07-04-2022 at 09:24 AM.

In Memoriam Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by win**** View Post
    I’m very familiar with Glocks and can fully strip one down and put it back together with one punch in a couple minutes.

While I’ve owned my share of M&P’s and love the new 2.0’s I just don’t have the same familiarity with them so I’ll just fix the one nagging thing that I don’t like about the Glock.
    Nothing wrong with that!