Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    MGO Member
    I don't believe in coincidence. Dems in the toilet. Suddenly an uptick in the normally rare mass shootings approaching an election. These people have no morals. Divide, demonize, fearmonger. The fabric of ordered society is unraveling. I don't have much faith in any political solution.

MGO Board of Directors

I honestly believe one of the worst things we did to kids was to implement "everyone gets a trophy" rules. I feel; this is worse than any video game or violence on TV heck look at the cartoons from the 60-70s. We started teaching kids that they can't fail no matter what, as long as you try you are a winner. And then reality hits one day, you sometimes loose, yet we have conditioned kids so much that many do not know how to accept failure in any part of their life. Places of employment even try to make everyone unable to fail.
    Reality, everyone can not be the best, people make mistakes, not everyone can do anything they put their mind to.
    Like and follow MGO on FaceBook
    https://www.facebook.com/migunowners.org

DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

Things stop becoming coincidental when a pattern emerges.
    Read, "Chaos, Charles Manson, the CIA and the Secret History of the Sixties"
    Study up on MKUltra/Operation Midnight Climax; the crack epidemic of the 80's and 90's and how that cocaine was brought in to the US; Tuskegee Syphilis Study; forced sterilization of children with Down Syndrome; and the list goes on and on.
    There is no end to what our own government will do in order to remain in charge. And when something/some group threatens that power, they will take matters into their own hands. All under the guise of public safety. And when you take the guns away, we're left with what... internet yelling? That's easy enough to quell.
    And if you think this is a Dem only issue, you're beyond kidding yourself. Most of the people who get to that level of an elected position have a level of sociopathy you can't imagine. It's all about them. And when the work day is done in DC, I have no doubt that most of those people on the left and the right, slap each other on the backs and congratulate them for getting their side all ginned up so they can be voted back into office.
    Then they go and have their Eyes Wide Shut parties (I'm just going off the $$ paid out to interns/pages that we know about, but not allowed to know what Congress members did the raping) or whatever lizard people do when the cameras are off.
    No, this isn't a Dem issue, it's a government run out of control with power and a willingness to do whatever they need to in order to remain in power. I'm not saying Las Vegas was a setup, but I'm not not saying it either.
    Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it. Ronald Reagan

Gotta be somebody need some killin
    Major Benson Winifred Payne

Quote Originally Posted by matt11 View Post
    I honestly believe one of the worst things we did to kids was to implement "everyone gets a trophy" rules. I feel; this is worse than any video game or violence on TV heck look at the cartoons from the 60-70s. We started teaching kids that they can't fail no matter what, as long as you try you are a winner. And then reality hits one day, you sometimes loose, yet we have conditioned kids so much that many do not know how to accept failure in any part of their life. Places of employment even try to make everyone unable to fail.
    Reality, everyone can not be the best, people make mistakes, not everyone can do anything they put their mind to.
    Yes.

Everyone has a talent of some kind and the truest/only freedom one has is the right to pursue that talent whether it be digging ditches, curing disease, etc...I remember James Harrsion of the Steelers was on a sports channel explaining why he made his son return the 'common' trophy that everyone on a little football(?) team received. He made the boy take it back and explained to his son that you have to EARN what you get.

This 'participation' trophy/reward' syndrome has one objective IMO. It seeks to engender not personal accomplishment, but simple anonymity - that's why IMO 2 sides of the political spectrum are standing at opposing walls, pressed flat against those walls to where they lack both depth and dimension and every one of their faces is blurred = anonymity.

And yet- they 'belong' to something- something in the vein of 'equity.' And once you get people involved in dying to hear what others think of them in the way of compliments, and flash their 'equally' un-earned ribbons and trophies, you have rendered the mass of society into clones, zombies, etc..... call them what you will.

The gov't is the major contributor. BUT I blame the parents who passed their own 'success' syndrome according to what others define as 'success' onto their children; i.e. the parents have passed their own attitude of 'What do others think of me' on to their children and their children become lesser than their potential to 'become' might have been b/c that potential has been diluted and they finally suffer the common loss of self potential, ability and the quiet dignity that is the result of these and other latent but disappearing abilities.

In short - Instead of living life, they let 'Life' live them.

BION

(And as far as 'coincidental - ask the spirit of Vince Foster )

Quote Originally Posted by pscipio03 View Post
    Things stop becoming coincidental when a pattern emerges.
    Read, "Chaos, Charles Manson, the CIA and the Secret History of the Sixties"
    Study up on MKUltra/Operation Midnight Climax; the crack epidemic of the 80's and 90's and how that cocaine was brought in to the US; Tuskegee Syphilis Study; forced sterilization of children with Down Syndrome; and the list goes on and on.
    There is no end to what our own government will do in order to remain in charge. And when something/some group threatens that power, they will take matters into their own hands. All under the guise of public safety. And when you take the guns away, we're left with what... internet yelling? That's easy enough to quell.
    And if you think this is a Dem only issue, you're beyond kidding yourself. Most of the people who get to that level of an elected position have a level of sociopathy you can't imagine. It's all about them. And when the work day is done in DC, I have no doubt that most of those people on the left and the right, slap each other on the backs and congratulate them for getting their side all ginned up so they can be voted back into office.
    Then they go and have their Eyes Wide Shut parties (I'm just going off the $$ paid out to interns/pages that we know about, but not allowed to know what Congress members did the raping) or whatever lizard people do when the cameras are off.
    No, this isn't a Dem issue, it's a government run out of control with power and a willingness to do whatever they need to in order to remain in power. I'm not saying Las Vegas was a setup, but I'm not not saying it either.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
    I'm not accusing anyone of anything. I'm not saying this IS happening. I'm simply thinking out loud.

I'm beginning to wonder if all these recent mass shootings (not just these past few weeks or months, but recent years) are being orchestrated by the left, with the intention of getting everyone to fear and blame the 'guns' so that they can disarm Americans.

If you think that's a crazy idea, just remember: The left are the same people who have absolutely NO problem with murdering hundreds of thousands of unborn children in the womb, in many cases up to the moments before birth (and, if you ask former VA Gov. Ralph Northam, AFTER the baby is born).

If they are perfectly fine with (and many actually celebrating) murdering unborn children, why would a handful of lives of living adults, teens, or children matter to these crazy leftists/Marxists if it accomplishes their goal?

We have had guns throughout US society for decades and decades prior to the last 10 or 20 years, and these mass shootings weren't happening at this rate. Why, then, have these mass shootings become so prevalent today when they were NOT prevalent then?

The thought has crossed my mind as well.
    Formerly Known As RevDerb since 2008 with 9,457 posts.
    VietNam era vet (USN - CTT2, USNR - CTT3), NRA Life Member, NRA Certified RSO, SAF, GOA.
    Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum.
    http://revderb.blogspot.com John 5:24 <><

Maybe, just maybe, it's because we are still dealing with a pandemic, launching into a recession, and the market pricing people out of having a roof over their head. Suicide by cop seems to be on a rise too, likely the same general dread and hopelessness that many feel today. Must be all Dems though, just got to pwn them a bit harder!

I find the level of hypocrisy incredible when folks said "my body, my choice" to vaccines, but yell "her body, her fetus's choice" to force women to be incubators against their will for 9 months. You either support personal rights 100%, or you accept that you have no rights but privileges to be taken away on a whim.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowthrone View Post
    Maybe, just maybe, it's because we are still dealing with a pandemic, launching into a recession, and the market pricing people out of having a roof over their head. Suicide by cop seems to be on a rise too, likely the same general dread and hopelessness that many feel today. Must be all Dems though, just got to pwn them a bit harder!

I find the level of hypocrisy incredible when folks said "my body, my choice" to vaccines, but yell "her body, her fetus's choice" to force women to be incubators against their will for 9 months. You either support personal rights 100%, or you accept that you have no rights but privileges to be taken away on a whim.
    All well and good but what about the rights of the person in the womb? Playing word games to describe that person not yet born in order to diminish, marginalize, and dehumanize doesn't change the fact that it is a human being. It sure isn't a puppy! A human being not yet fully formed, not yet born, and completely unable to defend themselves. All those word games do is soothe the conscience of those who would kill with impunity. Hypocrisy indeed.

And once again I will say that I never see any pro abortionists lining up to volunteer for post birth abortion.
    I'm glad I'm old and won't have to live very long under the tyranny that has begun.

Quote Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    All well and good but what about the rights of the person in the womb? Playing word games to describe that person not yet born in order to diminish, marginalize, and dehumanize doesn't change the fact that it is a human being. It sure isn't a puppy! A human being not yet fully formed, not yet born, and completely unable to defend themselves. All those word games do is soothe the conscience of those who would kill with impunity. Hypocrisy indeed.

And once again I will say that I never see any pro abortionists lining up to volunteer for post birth abortion.
    Playing word games? A lump of cells/flesh is not yet a human. Even if we entertain the idea that it is, how does it get the right to cause hardship, pain, suffering and a potential thread to the life of another human that was unlucky enough to get pregnant? You are the one playing word games, calling a glob of bio goo a human, pretending it has all the same rights, and trying to muddle the argument with "post birth abortion."

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowthrone View Post
    Playing word games? A lump of cells/flesh is not yet a human. Even if we entertain the idea that it is, how does it get the right to cause hardship, pain, suffering and a potential thread to the life of another human that was unlucky enough to get pregnant? You are the one playing word games, calling a glob of bio goo a human, pretending it has all the same rights, and trying to muddle the argument with "post birth abortion."
    How about we grant them "reproductive rights" and NOT kill their babies?
    Abortion ROBS them of REPRODUCTION.

Women have the RIGHT to not have sex, then they won't NEED an abortion.
    And before you come back with the rape & incest crap, get me the numbers of how many VERIFIED cases (resulting in pregnancy's) you are talking about per year and the TOTAL number of babies KILLED each year through abortion.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast