Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Any difference with two piece scope mounts on a picatinny rail?

Hey all, I just got my Franchi 350 legend bolt action rifle which has a one piece picatinny rail. I just ordered the Leopold Vx freedom scope for it and need mounting rings. I've read that one piece is technically a more solid choice and that you don't have to deal with alignment issues, but have also heard they can raise the scope higher...and I can't seem to find one not meant for an AR or that doesn't cost $300+

Question is, is there really any difference if I use two piece mounts since it is on a solid rail?

I’ve used two piece mounts on several rifle with rails and have no complaints.
    I prefer to stay as low as possible with my scope which one piece mounts don’t always allow so I tend to ignore one piece unless they are all that’s available
    "Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

I am a Forum User
    I use 2 Warne mounting rings on a pic rail for a 20 gauge 870. No issues
    Last edited by JWJR; 07-13-2022 at 07:04 AM. Reason: Warne

I am a Forum User
    A pair of decent quality rings will be just fine. I recommend Warne Mountain Tech (aluminum) or Leupold PRW2 (steel) rings. If you are worried about possible alignment issues, which are not likely these days, check out Burris Signature Zee rings that have alignment bushings.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Ol` Joe View Post
    I’ve used two piece mounts on several rifle with rails and have no complaints.
    I prefer to stay as low as possible with my scope which one piece mounts don’t always allow so I tend to ignore one piece unless they are all that’s available
    +1