Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    MGO Member
    I never realized just how little control I have holding a pistol steady until I put a laser on it. Empty chamber with no magazine and practicing holding that dot steady on the target was an eye opener. I am sure the pistol is moving just as much regardless of my selection of sights. It’s just that the laser makes it very obvious to me how much I move the pistol.
    Last edited by ronson2; 07-17-2022 at 02:30 PM. Reason: Adding comtent

In Memoriam Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by ronson2 View Post
    I never realized just how little control I have holding a pistol steady until I put a laser on it. Empty chamber with no magazine and practicing holding that dot steady on the target was an eye opener. I am sure the pistol is moving just as much regardless of my selection of sights. It’s just that the laser makes it very obvious to me how much I move the pistol.
    With a reasonable amount of training you can overcome that.

MGO Member Forum User
    For my 12” AR “pistol” I put a Sig Romeo 5 with the tall mount on it and I’m happy. I too plan to use it for home defense and plinking out to 100 yards. I chose the Romeo 5 because it’s been fairly proven and gets good reviews, it’s not expensive so if it has to sit in evidence after a break in I won’t cry quite as hard, and it’s got motac which I really like. Motac is motion activated or shake awake (in case you didn’t know) not trying to be a ********. All and all I like it ��

In Memoriam Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Mi-Infidel View Post
    For my 12” AR “pistol” I put a Sig Romeo 5 with the tall mount on it and I’m happy. I too plan to use it for home defense and plinking out to 100 yards. I chose the Romeo 5 because it’s been fairly proven and gets good reviews, it’s not expensive so if it has to sit in evidence after a break in I won’t cry quite as hard, and it’s got motac which I really like. Motac is motion activated or shake awake (in case you didn’t know) not trying to be a ********. All and all I like it ��

I've heard great things regarding the Romeo 5 however it's still a "red dot" and if you have astigmatism all red dots distort to various degrees.

In Memoriam Forum User
    I'm probably going with an Eotech EXPS2.

I am a Forum User
    I've got an EOTech on one and a Leupold RDS on another. The RDS is nice for shooting steel challenge, but it lacks an etched reticle.

In Memoriam Forum User
    I took delivery today on (2) Eotech EXPS2! One for my pistol and one for my son's carbine! Now we need to find a fun outdoor range near Macomb Township, MI! Too bad the pit is still closed. Might go to Huron Point soon. Now sure how welcome my AR15 pistol will be there. I'm aware of their rules and respect them but the noise might be unacceptable. I do have a forward blasting muzzle device but I'm pretty certain it will be brutal.

Does anyone just find some Michigan state hunting land with a suitable backstop, set up some targets for target shooting?

In Memoriam Forum User

Red face

I'm totally happy with my choice to go with the Eotech EXPS2. It met all my needs and relieved all my concerns. The EXPS2 has the quick detach levers mount that cause it to sit a little higher than most yet still provided 1/3'rd co-witnessing. It doesn't have all the issues with various vision problems like red-dots and regular scopes have. I highly recommend it.
    Last edited by VIGILANT; 10-28-2022 at 01:41 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12