Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

Sig Sauer M11A1. Do I really need it?

First off all, thanks for taking the time to read this. And secondly, your opinion is appreciated.

I have an opportunity to acquire a Sig M11A1 through some trading. I don't have a game for it (I shoot idpa and some uspsa but have tools for those) but am intrigued. Do I make a trade or just sit with spare AR's?8

I am a Forum User
    Do you have a thing for military firearms? Do you already have a nightstand gun? Do you like to have guns, just to have them?

Four questions first:

How old are you_____?

How many guns do you currently own ____?

If the answer to the first question is larger than the answer to the second, yes you need it.

Do you have a place to store it?

Will the trade, in any way, reduce your current firearm count?

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

I am a Forum User
    Better question is..do you already own a Sig ?
    I'll guess probably not... otherwise, you'd probably already have bought it.

If you don't already have one, I'd suggest giving it a try. I consider myself a 1911 guy..
    Not an elitist about brands, sizes, or calibers..I like 'em all. ( Govt / Cmdr/Officer.. 9mm, 40, 10mm, 45 )

I tried a Sig Sauer..1st a 226, (liked it) then a 220, a Sig 1911, then a 232...discovered I like Sigs too.

Nice thing about collection hand guns is, they don't take up as much space as rifles..

If you over invested in ar15s sure. If you don't have any suggestions or any da/sa sigs go for it.

Knowing more helps like do you carry, do you want to, a short list of your 9mm or list of ar15.

I know guys with 10 guns they could carry, ar15 in everything popular twice over. In that case sure trade.

You will always be able to trade it again or sell it fast it's a desirable gun.

Great pistol if you don't want a rail. Great triggers, sights, get it!! It takes the new style mags that are wider, only downside.
    Active airport shooter

The modern M11A1 is not an accurate clone of the military sidearm.
    Its a P229 with an M11 stamp.

The military M11A1 had the sheetmetal slide, not the milled slide.

I am a Forum User
    I love my M11A1. I used it as my carry piece for years. The only reason I replaced it is because I have gravitated to smaller guns. It makes a great suppressor host as well.

'Need'.
    Love it when people ask that.
    If pscipio03 wrote the Hierarchy of Need instead of Maslow, it would be:
    1. Physiological Needs
    1.1 Guns, ammo, guns, ammo, guns, ammo, Jessica Biel
    2. Safety needs (see 1.1)
    3. Belonging
    And so on.
    So do you 'need' one? Yes. Do you really need one? Yes. Do you need a Hi-Point? Yes.
    If the question is, "Do I need a M11A1 that's been dipped in Monkeypox and smells of SARS?", then maybe the answer is no. And even with that particular situation, wear gloves and still say yes.
    Pscipio03 out.
    Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it. Ronald Reagan

Gotta be somebody need some killin
    Major Benson Winifred Payne

If it's cheap you have to buy it.
    Teachers leave them kids alone
    Hey! teacher! leave us kids alone!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast