Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I had a P226 and a P229. Still have the P226. Preferred the balance and ergonomics better.
    If you are better off than you were 4 years ago....................you are probably an ILLEGAL INVADER.

MGO Member
    I bought a M11A1 from an MGO member from their classified ad here, it was a deal too good to pass up.

It is the same size and frame as the P229, takes the same magazines. It just does not have the rail.
    I really like the balance and point-ability of the weapon. I've concealed carried it many times both iwb and owb around town and while hiking or kayaking.

The M11A1 comes standard with the Sig Short Reset Trigger (SRT) and I think also the shorter reach trigger. I actually prefer the balance and trigger reach/feel just a little over my P226.

Mine has never had a problem with any of the ammunition I've fed it. It's been very reliable.
    I aim to misbehave ~Malcolm Reynolds
    Favorite Shooting Podcast

I am a Forum User
    I say go for it!

I am a Forum User
    Never liked the Short reach trigger. Looks goofy compared to the traditional fatter Sig trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by HKmanlp1 View Post
    Never liked the Short reach trigger. Looks goofy compared to the traditional fatter Sig trigger.
    This post just made me realize why that gun felt so different! I liked the feel of the short trigger, but it does look weird...
    Active airport shooter

Quote Originally Posted by Roundballer View Post
    Four questions first:

How old are you_____?

How many guns do you currently own ____?

If the answer to the first question is larger than the answer to the second, yes you need it.

Do you have a place to store it?

Will the trade, in any way, reduce your current firearm count?
    Very good formula you have there! I did the math, and I'm still about 18 guns below the preferred mark! I like the way you think!
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, “You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.”

I am a Forum User
    Well, from my screen name you would guess I am biased to Sigs... I think the MGO gentlemen who answered your question before me have left nothing for me to add except:

Get it and enjoy it in occasional IDPA matches.. It is good to practice with a DA first shot.. Makes your IDPA match more interesting and challenging..

It is like the p228 but with a milled slide instead of stamped slide.. you can't find the p228 nowadays so the M11A1 is a great substitute..

I beg to differ, JimSig. You can find P228's if you look hard enough. Typically, they're found next to hens teeth, and priced accordingly.

To the OP, this is a SIG. You can never, never, never, ever, ever, ever go wrong with a SIG. If you do get the M11A1, check with the guys on SIG Talk, you might be able to convert your 9mm to a .40/.357SIG with an exchange kit. I'm not 100% certain on this, though.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Waverly View Post
    I beg to differ, JimSig. You can find P228's if you look hard enough. Typically, they're found next to hens teeth, and priced accordingly.

To the OP, this is a SIG. You can never, never, never, ever, ever, ever go wrong with a SIG. If you do get the M11A1, check with the guys on SIG Talk, you might be able to convert your 9mm to a .40/.357SIG with an exchange kit. I'm not 100% certain on this, though.

I will re phrase my comment then from: you can't find the p228 nowadays so the M11A1 is a great substitute

To: you can't find the p228 nowadays with reasonable prices so the M11A1 is a great substitute

I am a Forum User
    ..." you might be able to convert your 9mm to a .40/.357SIG with an exchange kit. I'm not 100% certain on this, though."

I learned that a Glock 22 /40 S&W ( can I say this in a Sig thread ? ) can be converted to shoot 9mm with a conversion barrel (i.e. Lonewolf)
    but a 9mm Glock can't be converted to 40 S&W, as the bolt face is too small, for the wider .40 case.
    I'd think the same would be true for Sigs..unless the Sig conversion includes a new slide.

but I have been wrong before.. ( at least once)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast