Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

two stage trigger

Have you tried any of these two stage AR-15 flat faced triggers? (aim sstat, timney ar trigger, larue tactical mbt2s, blackout defense zero, hipertech eclipse). Looking for something with 3lb pull drop in cassette style for bench shooting around 100-300 yrds, $125-200 total cost.
    Last edited by ken watson; 07-18-2022 at 04:07 PM.

I am a Forum User
    I have a Geissele Super Semi-Automatic Enhanced (SSA-E) ( 2 stage) Trigger on one of my Ar's..(though it isn't a flat faced trigger).
    I'd read too much about how great the Geissele line of triggers are, felt I had try one.
    Kinda pricey IMO, but PSA had a sale & I bought one, installing it as soon as it arrived.
    In all honesty, it made me realize I prefer a single stage trigger.
    For me, it takes some getting used to, using a 2 stage trigger- when you're used to a single stage

Though the G. trigger is rated @ 3.5 #, I discovered I prefer a CMC 3.5# single stage for my shooting.
    Recently added another CMC 3.5# to another lower ..this 2nd one is flat faced, the 1st was curved.
    Subjectively, I think I do like the feel of a flat trigger, over a curved one.

Although I should add that my favorite AR trigger is a milspec trigger I had Doug Jones do a trigger job on..it is
    also one of the least expensive triggers on my ARs..

Quote Originally Posted by joepistol View Post
    I have a Geissele Super Semi-Automatic Enhanced (SSA-E) ( 2 stage) Trigger on one of my Ar's..(though it isn't a flat faced trigger).
    I'd read too much about how great the Geissele line of triggers are, felt I had try one.
    Kinda pricey IMO, but PSA had a sale & I bought one, installing it as soon as it arrived.
    In all honesty, it made me realize I prefer a single stage trigger.
    For me, it takes some getting used to, using a 2 stage trigger- when you're used to a single stage

Though the G. trigger is rated @ 3.5 #, I discovered I prefer a CMC 3.5# single stage for my shooting.
    Recently added another CMC 3.5# to another lower ..this 2nd one is flat faced, the 1st was curved.
    Subjectively, I think I do like the feel of a flat trigger, over a curved one.

Although I should add that my favorite AR trigger is a milspec trigger I had Doug Jones do a trigger job on..it is
    also one of the least expensive triggers on my ARs..

This.!

I too went with a Gisselle (SSA-EX) and although a very good 2 stage not as good as most of my single stage triggers, especially for bench shooting.
    If you are set on a 2 stage Triggertech makes a good one in your price range. Their “Diamond” is a very nice single stage if that interests you, but runs ~$75 more then their 2 stage.
    "Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

I am a Forum User
    Geissele high speed National Match triggers in all of my ARs but then again all of my lowers are used for competition (not benchrest).

I am a Forum User
    I am the exact opposite of the first two post. I tried the Geissele SDE tirgger (flat face) and love it. I bought two more and got rid of all my CMC triggers. I prefer the two stage because you can get on target, prep the first stage, make fine adjustments to your crosshairs, and then only need to overcome 1.0-1.5 pounds to let the shot off. When not bench shooting and pulling the trigger at speed, you can not tell it is a two stage due to the trigger weight.

I am a Forum User
    I have a Dan Def V7 Pro that has the Geissele single stage trigger that 3 gun folks use. It is very crisp and quite light on pull with the lighter spring in place. It is not anywhere near the 2 oz. Anschutz triggers I shot in small bore but it is pretty good. Good control of the hand on the grip is required. You might take a look at the Geissele site and see if it is close to your needs.

Marketplace Moderator
    I have the DPMS 2 stage trigger. It is a nice smoothe trigger. Price was right also. Good Shooting, MOOSE

MGO Member
    If you run a 2-stage fast enough it's not much different than a single stage but that's not precision rifle shooting.

I usually run the SSA-E and like 'em, but have the ALG ACT, Rock River 2-stage and Mil-spec.

Jim

I am a Forum User
    Funny reading this, reminded that this is why there are so many trigger options.
    Variety, so if you have the funds, you can keep trying different triggers until you find what YOU like..
    what others like, or think, has little bearing on what YOU will like, IMO.

Certain brands generate a following, but that's no guarantee it'll be the best trigger for YOU.

I started late in the AR trigger "upgrade" game..(after retirement) when I had enough time to take rifles to the range & shoot 'em enough to tell a difference.

Reading online, I first tried the JP Enterprises Trigger Spring Kit .. ( a great low cost upgrade) noticed an immediate improvement .
    More reading online found the ALG/ACT drop in..another improvement.
    Asked Doug Jones about doing a trigger job on one of my factory mil=spec trigger... he did one for me = An even bigger improvement .
    Kinda lost track of what happened next..
    Ended up buying / trying other brands of drop in triggers.. in an incorrect order of purchase:: a Geissele Super Semi-Automatic Enhanced (SSA-E),
    a Timney, a CMC, another CMC.. most bought when I'd see a sale on a website..
    I decided I shoot more accurately with 1) Doug's trigger, & 2) CMC triggers...
    I would expect that " YMMV.." ( your mileage may vary"

MGO Member
    All these guys talking about cmc single stage triggers. It just so happens joeboboutfitters.com is having a sale on them.

https://www.joeboboutfitters.com/Art...trigger&ID=301

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast