Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Reliability of Trigger Issues (Linked)

Think Twice if you plan on using the Taurus G2c for defense, check out the review below, and other reviews on the web (focus on the G2c trigger issue).

I did try out the Taurus G2c on the range (February 2022), then the G2c Failed to fire on the 12th round, and all following attempts; that was the end.
    Something broke internally.

It's a nice small firearm, but for defense is another issue. That is covered in the reviews on the web (June 2021).

The factory receipt said, replaced trigger bar and adjusted; fired 24 rounds.

The web talked about the G2c and parts that are needed to be replaced to make it more reliable. The cost would run about $75 ~ $100.

I believe it's better to get a reliable unit, why should the customer have to make a defense firearm reliable, when it’s advertised as a defense firearm! Enhancements are one thing, but reliability is another.

No Way. I decided to part with the G2c and invest in a quality firearm that is reliable from the factory. This firearm was labeled 11/27/2021 Tag date on box. Old Stock!

================================
    Project Gunner
    Reliability of Trigger Issues (Video)
    https://www.projectgunner.com/taurus-g2c-problems/

Despite the G2C considered a dependable firearm, on the rare occasion, there has been a mechanical issue with the trigger that has frustrated owners.
    With any mass-produced product, this is a possibility, and doesn’t necessarily speak poorly of either the model or the brand.

However, it is a frustrating experience and can create a dangerous situation if you depend on the firearm for self-defense.
    This is exactly why experienced gun owners will tell you to regularly shoot and train with your pistol for both muscle memory, and to determine if any problems exist. Luckily, you don’t have to blow through your ammo to discover a trigger issue. Dry firing training techniques will highlight any issues if they exist.

If you find your G2C isn’t firing when it should, be sure to take advantage of the lifetime warranty and get it sent back to Taurus ASAP to determine exactly what is wrong and get a replacement.
    NRA Certified Instructor & Pistol Coach (since 1982)
    Life Member - NRA, DAV, IHMSA, St Pete Police Pistol Club, USPSA/IPSC
    Veteran - Korea DMZ 62~63
    Think Fast - Shoot Fast - Live to see another Day.

MGO Member
    Mine is accurate and reliable enough to use as my back up truck gun. I have about 400 rounds through it without an issue.
    I do like the G3c trigger better though. Probably have over 500 rounds through it.
    Last edited by Garymac; 07-27-2022 at 08:15 AM.
    No man made law physically prevents one from doing anything they have a mind to.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by postban View Post
    My nephew got one from his dad for graduating college. Of course he knows i have a literal library of carry guns he went cheap, BIL he has always been like that. Horrid is an accurate description of it. Any Glock, S&W, SA, hell even Walther would be better. Nephew shot a few of mine, gave the Taurus back to his dad and went and got a P365 XL, WAY BETTER.
    Oh no you didn't...
    I like my Walther, you better mind that tongue.

MGO Member Forum User
    Yeah Walther makes an excellent handgun with a trigger that is next to none! My PPQ and my PPS are reliable and accurate.

My early Gen 1 Walther PPS is what I was referring to, much improved with V2.
    My PPS 3x the cost of the Taurus being discussed above, crisper trigger but so heavy pull and those god awful mag base plates.
    This was before the M&P Shield came out. Stock Shield trigger was ok but my ATEi modded one is excellent.
    "The path to true knowledge is paved with wasted money" copyright postban forever!
    NRA Endowment Member, 2AF Life Member, GOA Patriot Member

I am a Forum User
    G2C ... meh. Pass.

G3C ... much better, no real issues.

GX4 ... pretty good too.

I am a Forum User
    I would never, ever own another taurus.

If you are looking for something inexpensive I would recommend one of PSA's Dagger Compact for right at 300. https://palmettostatearmory.com/blem...black-dlc.html

It's basically a Glock 19 Gen 3 clone. Trigger is not bad and was hitting 12X12 steel at 45 yards.

MGO Member
    I get that lots of folks have had trouble with Taurus, but their guns of late are really nice. The G2C, G3C, and TX22 are all pretty nice guns. I particularly like the TX22.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Ammo$ View Post
    Dahlonega Armory - $178.99

Shipping - $29.99

Total - $208.98
    Don't forget the transfer fee on top of that. The Dunham price is the better deal.

I am a Forum User
    ..." I would never, ever own another taurus..."

I said the same thing about my PSA AR-15 (kit rifle).. even after having PSA do warranty work on it, and didn't get it
    functioning as it should have when I assembled it ( the lower, anyway) Had issues with the PSA assembled upper...(difficulty extracting)
    my gunsmith explained it was probably a rough chamber..need to be smoothed out. he explained how for me to do this, and it worked.

I was disappointed PSA didn't fix this, so I said to myself " no more PSA stuff"

Years later, decided I wanted an AR-10 and the just released S&W M&P -10 was had to find and almost 2X the price of a PSA PA-10.
    Decided to give PSA another try.. & was surprised at what a nice rifle it was..very reliable & accurate.
    Was so impressed with it ,I later bought another PSA upper , in 7.62 X39... this upper was even better.

so, just because you have a bad experience with a company, don't necessarily write them off for other products..

I've owned more than a few Taurus pistols over the years.. revolvers in .38 Spec. (subnose), 357, 44 Special, & .22 rim fire.
    Have owned autoloaders in .380, & 9mm (X2) . Sold all the revolvers as finances improved, replaced them with S&W models, but still have the .22
    Still have the 3 auto loaders. Only issue I had with any of them was a too strong trigger pull on the .22

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast