Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New AR owner

I am a Forum User
    well, you ASKED for accessories..& got a lot of opinions on what you should get, or spend your $$$ on.

My choice for accessories would be 1st.. a quality drop in trigger, or a trigger job by a skilled gunsmith.
    You could waste an Lot of ammo, shooting & training, and a lot of money spent on other accessories ( I don't consider ammo an accessory)
    on other suggestions, but a decent drop in trigger will be what improves the accuracy of your shooting, more than anything else.

If you read much, you'll find what I wrote is true.. I didn't come up with this, but my experience provides supporting evidence .

I target shoot, so must haves are a scope & mount,(for aged eyes) bipod, ( for old man shakes) and because I reload..a brass catcher is really nice.
    What was said that is true, what you use your rifle for , should / will determine the accessories you need.
    Last edited by joepistol; 07-31-2022 at 08:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by joepistol View Post

I target shoot, so must haves are a scope, mount, bipod, and because I reload..a brass catcher is really nice.
    What was said that is true, what you use your rifle for , should / will determine the accessories you need.
    I mean, I only target shoot my 20” and all I give myself are irons, a sling, and a knee, lol. Different kind of fun. This was me yesterday doing fairly well at 200 yards with about as basic a setup as you can get. I’m just going after steel though, if the popper pops, I’m happy.

I do agree with you on triggers. I have a CMC flat face drop-in in that 20”. Even though it’s not the best trigger out there, it does make a world of difference.
    Last edited by Fuel Fire Desire; 07-26-2022 at 10:01 AM.

I am a Forum User
    I should have clarified, when I say I target shoot, what I meant is, that I try & shoot the smallest groups I possibly can..( and shift those groups toward a bullseye )
    I good trigger helps provide the best accuracy I can shoot, more than anything else. CMC's are my choice as well, after trying a number of others. I have a curved 3.5 CMC trigger on my AR-10 & a ( recently added ) straight 3.5 CMC trigger on an AR-15...think I shoot the straight trigger a little better..hard to tell.
    I do like the CMC triggers better than any other brand of drop in trigger I've used. A bonus is the CMC triggers have to be the easiest to install trigger I've used..
    No pins ! Small screws (provided) hold the trigger in place.

Quote Originally Posted by joepistol View Post
    I should have clarified, when I say I target shoot, what I meant is, that I try & shoot the smallest groups I possibly can..( and shift those groups toward a bullseye )
    I good trigger helps provide the best accuracy I can shoot, more than anything else. CMC's are my choice as well, after trying a number of others. I have a curved 3.5 CMC trigger on my AR-10 & a ( recently added ) straight 3.5 CMC trigger on an AR-15...think I shoot the straight trigger a little better..hard to tell.
    I do like the CMC triggers better than any other brand of drop in trigger I've used. A bonus is the CMC triggers have to be the easiest to install trigger I've used..
    No pins ! Small screws (provided) hold the trigger in place.

I use the flat faced CMC in all of my ARs. It’s not the best drop in, but for the money it is. I definitely shoot the flat trigger better than the curved. I use the notch at the bottom to index my finger.

This might be prying but when you were released from those charges how hard was it to obtain your firearms?

Congrats on getting your record cleared up. If you need help with your AR PM, I'm in Taylor.
    NRA Life member, NRARSO, Howell Gun Club member, MDFI Alum 2019 & 2020, 2023 GOA Life Member. MGO life member.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12