Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by joepistol View Post
    .. I noticed the rifles I'd purchased, most purely out of interest for 1 reason or another, had seen very little use.
    I could tell my shooting skill I had when younger ( what little I had) were declining as I was getting older.
    Worsening eyesight, declining strength, increased (?) shakiness.. decided since I had the rifles, I should start shooting them.
    I have a lot of firearms that I have purchased for "one reason or another!" I picked up the Ruger 44 Carbine and Rossi 92 because I have a couple of Model 29's and I thought it would be nice to have a rifle in 44 Mag. I was thrilled that my grandson's friend got his first deer with it.

I am still working and don't have or take a lot of time to shoot. I find I'm mostly going to the range with grandkids or sometimes friends. The bad part is they shoot up a lot of ammo! The good part is the grandkids clean the guns when we get home!

I am a Forum User
    I bought my Marlin 1894 (44 mag) for the same reason, to go with my Model 29 ( a GREAT pistol !)
    I was fortunate ( smart ?) enough to stock up on firearms & loading components in the years while I was working. ( not much time to shoot)
    Didn't buy a lot at once, just a new rifle, pistol, or shotgun every now & then..maybe 1 or 2 a year, if that.
    Used to buy a LOT of loading components,( years ago ) from MidwayUSA. They sent out a monthly flyer in the mail ( pre-internet) with a Bargain page, in front .
    At the time all of Midways purchases included shipping in the price! I'd buy bullets found on sale, in the ads..months & years pass.. my stock pile grew.

When I retired,now having time to hit the range, usually several X's a week, thought it'd take years to use up my loads & component inventory.
    Went thru my supply (most of it) in about a year. Too cold, wet, or hot to shoot outdoors ?..use the time for loading more ammo..Or shoot pistols or 22's on the indoor range.

Both sons like to shoot (my guns,/ my ammo) and are too busy to stay & clean guns afterwards..they have other things planned
    At least I get them away from their phones /computers for awhile, and have them gain some firearms knowledge & experience..as well as sharpen their skills.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12