Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MGO Member

Guav v Sig Sauer - Sig found not liable for P320 shooting

In a case that went to a jury, last week, a New Hampshire federal jury found that Sig Sauer is not liable in a lawsuit where the plaintiff claimed his P320 handgun shot him in the thigh:

Kyle Guay filed the products liability suit on July 2, 2020, in U.S. District Court. He claims the pistol fired without a trigger pull as he was removing the gun from its holster, according to court documents.
    Link to the story about it.

Link to court listener docket.

Link to just the verdict
    I aim to misbehave ~Malcolm Reynolds
    Favorite Shooting Podcast

MGO Member
    It's funny how this only happened to Leo when there are probably millions of 320s out there.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by wizzi01 View Post
    It's funny how this only happened to Leo when there are probably millions of 320s out there.
    The military and police were the first ones getting 320s. Many many changes were made to the trigger assembly after the military started receiving them. Dallas TX police if I remember correctly, sent all the Sig 320s back due to the very light trigger.

I am a Forum User
    Should we start saying 'sig found not liable for ND?'

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff s View Post
    The military and police were the first ones getting 320s. Many many changes were made to the trigger assembly after the military started receiving them. Dallas TX police if I remember correctly, sent all the Sig 320s back due to the very light trigger.
    And? I haven't seen any "civilian" with a lawsuit against sig because their 320 just went bang for no reason. My 320 certainly has not fired by itself.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by wizzi01 View Post
    And? I haven't seen any "civilian" with a lawsuit against sig because their 320 just went bang for no reason. My 320 certainly has not fired by itself.
    You got yours after the military and police did the beta testing.

I am a Forum User
    Very long form story at TTAG today about the Washington Post and The Trace attack on the "uniquely dangerous" SIG P.320 lockwork:

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/wh...eir-hit-piece/

Lots of illustrations which don't lend themselves to transference. Go to the link for the story.

Quote Originally Posted by jeff s View Post
    You got yours after the military and police did the beta testing.
    but whats the flaw? There were internal safeties, there was resistance on the trigger, its not binary all or none, its a gradation.

This sounds like someone pulled the trigger but won't admit it, or worse, they are so off, so mentally fragile they do not even think they did, because they can never be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by 10x25mm View Post
    Very long form story at TTAG today about the Washington Post and The Trace attack on the "uniquely dangerous" SIG P.320 lockwork:

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/wh...eir-hit-piece/

Lots of illustrations which don't lend themselves to transference. Go to the link for the story.
    I haven't been following it, do you have an opinion from good reputation people saying the opposite like well known smiths saying its not that different, or the reaction is not that different etc ?

I am a Forum User
    Well it's still very bad press. My dept just switched duty guns and refused to even test the Sig P320. And we had P229's.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast