Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

I am a Forum User

Help with sling ideas. AR 15.

I have a picatinny m4 style AR and Im not sure how to approach getting a front sling attachment on it so I can put a sling on. It's a flat gas block style, so no triangle fixed front post, and I can't find good pics online at the moment to figure out what front sling mounts would be good for my rifle. I can't seem to post pics of it, but on the bottom portion of my gas block I have a large hole and a small hole that seems like I can screw things into as it's threaded. And the bottom of my picatinny has a large hole roughly the same size as the gas black hole

Any ideas or links to mounts that would work with this style would be appreciated

And I'm trying to avoid filling rail space. So I don't want to get a rail sling mount
    Last edited by ChainsThePunk; 08-02-2022 at 08:08 PM.

I am a Forum User
    Are they quick release holes?

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnS624 View Post
    Are they quick release holes?
    That's something I am trying to figure out. When I'm looking around different shops online most of them are showing quick release sling mounts. They look to be about the same size as I usually see in videos and stuff. But with most videos I find everybody's using that Mlok nowadays and I'm not sure if that stuff is only for m lock or if it's slightly universal.

And to answer about the holes they look to be about the size of most of the quick release holes I see online but I'm not sure if they serve the same function.
    When I look into the holes they do have a small ridge on the inside. So I guess probably they are.

I am a Forum User
    I like the Midwest Industries QR swivels. You have to push the center button farther in to release them, so they're more secure.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnS624 View Post
    I like the Midwest Industries QR swivels. You have to push the center button farther in to release them, so they're more secure.

I will check that out and probably try out a snap in. Hopefully it should be compatible with the holes that I'm describing

I am a Forum User
    When in doubt order a couple options making sure they can be returned. Hopefully you'll get what you need and return what you don't need. Price of postage worth it.

I am a Forum User
    If there are holes anywhere on the handguard (vent holes, lightening holes, etc) you can use a blue force gear uloop. You can can route it through the holes and attach to your sling. I use them on all my rifles even if they have qd cups.

In Memoriam Forum User