Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

I am a Forum User

Thinking about getting my first pistol optic

I find myself shooting less and less hand gun and more rifle. Most of my handgun shooting is with my 1911`s but I have a few semi autos That I could put an optic. What is a good optic to start with? Does the handgun need to be modified by a Gunsmith ?

I have 45 and 9mm but I like 45 ACP over 9mm. My last trip to the eye doctor has put some light on why I have such a hard time with iron sights. I have Cataracts but not bad enough to get them removed yet.

Thank you for any advice people send my way.

MGO Member
    I shoot an M&P with a Trijicon RMR. It's not a cheap setup, but it's been pretty solid for 4 or 5 years now. My pistol came cut for an optic, if yours isn't, you might need the slide machined to accept it, unless there is an adapter that works for whatever model pistol you are using.

MGO Member
    It is definitely a game changer. I got the slide with romeo1 pro for my sig p320 and it helped big time.

My last trip to the eye doctor has put some light on why I have such a hard time with iron sights. I have Cataracts but not bad enough to get them removed yet.
    You might ask your Dr about your cataract and if it will affect your sight concerning lights.
    I’ve cataracts which I’m going to have taken care of early this fall, but I’ve also an astigmatism both of which really screw with my using a reflex type sight. I get flare and multiple dots when looking through my Vortex Razor which is caused by both conditions. I’m considering lens that will fix both conditions but they are not fully covered by my insurance like a basic lens.
    Point is I would spend some time looking through a few sights and see if it actually fixes your problem or gives another one to try dealing with
    "Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray