Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Waverly View Post
    french_guy_2012, is your budget still in the $300 range, or are you willing to spend a bit more? I don't recall, but have you looked into used guns?

And, you might ask some of the members here if they might be willing to take you to their range to try a couple of different styles.

I think you were interested in the Beretta 92-style handguns, but, if you try a 1911, you might be surprised. And, I would be remiss if I didn't suggest saving a few more pennies (OK, dollars) and look at the SIG P229 (my favorite) or P226. You can't go wrong with a classic P-series SIG.
    SIG are certainly great handguns......but prices are in the $1,000 range and above. Definitely not in my budget......unfortunately

I am a Forum User
    You can find nice, used Sig pistols for around $500.00 if you look hard enough. I am a Sig fan as well. ( of real Sigs, that have metal frames)
    I'm no fan of any plastic ,"polymer" guns. My best suggestion would be a 1911 9mm made in steel, but you probably won't find a used one
    for under $ 500 , except a foreign made one ( aka RIA, Am.Classic, etc..)

As an FYI, a LGS has a SIG P229 two-tone .40S&W, with a couple of mags (three, if I remember correctly) for $500 on consignment, so you might be able to do a bit better on price. The neat thing here is, you can swap out the barrel, recoil spring and mags and have it in 9mm. They also had a new RIA 1911 GI in 9mm priced under $500. Options to consider. It might be a bit of a drive for you, french_guy_2012, but it might be worth it.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

In regards to this great tech and manufacturing prowess I run into too many Turkish shotgun jam o matic torture tests with out even seeking them out for thst to be true.

https://youtu.be/HuY4CWm8XwA

There's more at tfb.

Not impressed. How do you mess up a shotgun when the design is free, proven, and you essentially steal it by virtue of it being public domain.

Buy something nice abd you will get your money back when you sell it. If it seems inevitable you will move back buy one nice used 9mm from cz, sig, Beretta etc and call it a day.

Banned
    I'd say go for a ruger pistol.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelwaver View Post
    I'd say go for a ruger pistol.
    Not any of their current stuff

I am a Forum User
    Do stores like Bass Pro have decent handgun sales during Black Friday ?
    Is it worth waiting, or there is not much to expect?

Quote Originally Posted by french_guy_2012 View Post
    Do stores like Bass Pro have decent handgun sales during Black Friday ?
    Is it worth waiting, or there is not much to expect?
    I think they do pretty ok, but its hard to tell what the real deals will be on, and how many they will have.

For example if you aren't brand loyal or fussy and just want a 22 hand gun, they might have a great deal on random mid level name 22 poly handgun. Whick gets people in the door.

Hard to predict what the sales will be. Might commonly be 15 percent off off their slightly not the best regular price. Look up last years flyer maybe as a reference for what to expect.

I am a Forum User

If the gun is priced as junk that is exactly
    what you will get
    https://www.huntinggearguy.com/compe...-fired-pistol/

A brick would be a better defense than a century-tara-HG5934E-X.

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast