Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516
    Thats definitely trending in the wrong direction, worse than some of the bills being passed in Congress. The offer to meet at Sharonville stands. Do you know where its at ? They have shooting benches for 25, 50 and 100 yards. Most of the pistol people will be at the 25 yard section of the range. I see that they have added a few 10 yard positions. There is no charge. Take note that they are generally closed tuesday-wed (rangers weekend) except leading up to start of deer season when they are open every day (Nov 1-15)

https://www.michigan.gov/dnr/things-...ng/sharonville

Rifle/pistol range (rifles, muzzle loaders, handguns and shotguns with slugs only)
    10 stations at 100 yards
    10 stations at 50 yards
    10 stations at 25 yards
    4 stations at 10 yards

Grass Lake, MI 49240
    Map of Sharonville State Game Area, Jackson County
    GPS: 42.17249N; 84.14344W
    734-428-8035

Hours
    9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
    Nov. 1-15, every day
    Nov. 16-Sept. 30, Thursday through Monday (closed Tuesday and Wednesday)
    Oct. 1-31, Wednesday through Monday (closed Tuesday)

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by westcliffe01 View Post
    Look, I am a green card holder and I still cant get through a 4473 without having to escalate to a supervisor. If it was to stay at the agent level they would never approve my background check, despite the fact that I have my CPL and cleared the background checks required for my green card..
    In 15 years and literally hundreds of resident alien sales, both as the seller and reviewer of the paperwork, they always get Delayed.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnS624 View Post
    In 15 years and literally hundreds of resident alien sales, both as the seller and reviewer of the paperwork, they always get Delayed.
    How long ? Does the FBI contact you and tell you not to proceed until they say so ? Because that is what I get and every FFL I have worked with has complied. The only time I had no issues was so long as the CPL counted as a background check till the marijuana laws stopped that.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by westcliffe01 View Post
    How long ? Does the FBI contact you and tell you not to proceed until they say so ? Because that is what I get and every FFL I have worked with has complied. The only time I had no issues was so long as the CPL counted as a background check till the marijuana laws stopped that.
    That's what a "Delay" is. It normally took 1-3 days, although some were okayed the same day. The FBI doesn't contact you, you're either told when you call in the NICS or it displays automatically if you use the computer.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnS624 View Post
    That's what a "Delay" is. It normally took 1-3 days, although some were okayed the same day. The FBI doesn't contact you, you're either told when you call in the NICS or it displays automatically if you use the computer.
    OK, so what I have experienced is not the same. We are talking 3+ months with escalation to supervisor level and the FBI contacting the FFL by phone or email and telling them not to proceed until instructed, contrary to the law. Pretty much without exception, the FFLs have told me never to come back after wasting their time with the transaction locked up for such a length of time.

For what it's worth, Cabela's/Bass Pro has a 10% off sale, including firearms and ammo, through tomorrow for their club members (meaning, you have one of their credit cards).
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

Quote Originally Posted by Leader View Post
    Perhaps a better idea may be try renting the guns you think you might like at a local range and try before you buy.
    Actually shooting them may change your mind as to which feels better.

I am a Forum User
    Quick update about my purchase....Since you all spent time to provide valuable information, advices and opinions, I feel the least I can do is to inform about my choice
    I've finally purchased a Stoeger STR-9F....I know what some of you said about sub $300 handguns, but reviews are good, it fits well in my hand and there is also a $50 MIR (so $250 at the end)
    The background check took 3 days (purchased was made on a Sunday, and response from NICS was received the following Wednesday morning)
    I bought some ammo during Black Friday, and I'm ready to go to the range to try it out....Can't wait !!!

Quote Originally Posted by french_guy_2012 View Post
    Quick update about my purchase....Since you all spent time to provide valuable information, advices and opinions, I feel the least I can do is to inform about my choice
    I've finally purchased a Stoeger STR-9F....I know what some of you said about sub $300 handguns, but reviews are good, it fits well in my hand and there is also a $50 MIR (so $250 at the end)
    The background check took 3 days (purchased was made on a Sunday, and response from NICS was received the following Wednesday morning)
    I bought some ammo during Black Friday, and I'm ready to go to the range to try it out....Can't wait !!!

Underwhelming after 16 pages... but glad you are happy.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516