Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    Ideally, I would like to find it a BPS since I have a gift card to use.....

Quote Originally Posted by wizzi01 View Post
    I would suggest to save a bit more. The competition really opens up at the $5-600 range.
    Even just 400 or mid 400 will open up quite a bit. You def are right if its possible to come up with 600 you can buy a gun you keep for 30 years that is in no way a compromise

Quote Originally Posted by french_guy_2012 View Post
    I understand the "you get what you pay for"..............but I don't want to put that amount of money in a 1st pistol (otherwise I would go with the Beretta M92FS)
    I understand money can be tight but don't think of it as first. It's not a motorcycle you learn on a ditch it avfew times.

300 more is a good bit more, buy change your perspective.

I dudnt buy a first 9mm. My dad brothers, friends didn't either. Most buy just whatever they want abd still have it.

I am a Forum User
    I have large hands....not sure a compact will feel comfortable
    The Ruger Security 9 and the Glock 19 (what the Dagger Compact is based on), are very similar in size. You might be thinking of the Glock 26 which is the Sub-Compact model. (see https://www.craftholsters.com/ruger-...ich-one-better).

I am a Forum User
    Perhaps a better idea may be try renting the guns you think you might like at a local range and try before you buy.
    Actually shooting them may change your mind as to which feels better.

I am a Forum User
    Ideally, I would like to find it a BPS since I have a gift card to use.....
    They sell Canik

Ok how about this: I ~THINK ~ this is about the cheapest price for a new 92FS https://gunprime.com/cart?variant_id=90718 , have it transferred to BPS ,use the BPS gift card to pay the transfer fees,ammo,etc. I know when I set my mind on something ,I'm never happy with a cheaper substitute and end up buying what it is I wanted in the first place, effectively spending more than if I had bought it first.

Quote Originally Posted by jeff s View Post
    Palmetto State Armory has the Dagger Compact which is a Glock 19 Gen 3 Clone at the $300 mark.
    ^ This

I am a Forum User
    I went to the Pontiac shooting range a few years ago with someone who let me shoot some of is 9mm pistols (a Glock and another one, but only recall it was made in Turkey - Canik? Sarsilmaz?)
    Other than that, not sure what I like and don't like in each specific model (except the "look" and the size)

Also, I'm not a US citizen, so if I were to have to leave the country, I would not be able to take it with me in my home country....It sucks, but I need to take this in consideration anyway

This is one of those “Insert my favorite gun here” threads… Go rent a few 9mm’s in your price range, see which one you like best. Used Glocks can be had for $400 or less, so cheap can still be dependable.
    Active airport shooter

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast