Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

MGO Member

M1A experienced gunsmith in Detroit Metro area

Hi all... I normally do a lot of work myself... but am having an issue I can't resolve. Looking for an EXPERIENCED M1A/M14 gunsmith in the Metro Detroit area. (well, ok, anywhere within a few hours?)

If you know anyone, would love to hear about them!

Its a simple job, but I can't get it done!

Thank you!

In Memoriam Forum User
    Don't know if the same gunsmith is still there but try calling:

Wessel Gun Shop, Inc., 4000 E 9 Mile Rd, Warren, MI 48091
    (586) 756-2660

This threads below might give you some things to look for:

https://www.thehighroad.org/index.ph...issues.656481/

https://community.usconcealedcarry.c...ssues/70238/14

I would try Ken Kubin

Global Military Gunsmithing. Now Accepting work. Quality Gunsmithg At Affordable Price`s. 248-888-1005.
    [QUOTE]["Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Benjamin Franklin/QUOTE]

I was a Springfield certified armorer for the M1A rifle group until I finally retired from the military. I've seen all sorts of weird stuff. Maybe even whatever hiccup you're having with your simple job.
    I am not a gunsmith.
    But if you are comfortable usually doing work yourself, depending on what you are trying to do, I might know a few tricks.

+1 for Ken at Global
    Tim Shufflin in Jerome out west toward Hillsdale, may do M14 work now, he's the only one that has ever or will ever pull apart my Garand - besides me. If he doesn't do M1A work, he'll definitely know who's who in Michigan. It's been a while, not sure if he's still working or what the turn around might be.

If you don't mind driving into that state south of us, I can dig out some Camp Perry stuff. Not sure how many of the salty 'smiths that have been working on 14's for decades are still around down there. There was a guy (Mark Kovach) just past the front gate of Perry that was phenomenal.