Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

I am a Forum User

Place to get fingerprints for form 1?

Does anyone know of a place that still does ink fingerprints? According to the ATF's Form 1 instructions, I still need to submit paper and ink fingerprints. I contacted my local LEO(Farmington Hills) and they only do electronic fingerprints now. Has anyone had experience with other cities?

I am a Forum User
    I had to talk with my local police dept. and they did not want to do them, finally I just bugged them enough they did them (for a 45$ charge) I laughed and said if I was arrested they would do it for free, they offered to arrest me but I passed.

In Memoriam Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrindle View Post
    Does anyone know of a place that still does ink fingerprints? According to the ATF's Form 1 instructions, I still need to submit paper and ink fingerprints. I contacted my local LEO(Farmington Hills) and they only do electronic fingerprints now. Has anyone had experience with other cities?
    Can't you so them yourself?

A1 Fingerprints in Southfield does livescan and ink cards - I'd call first to make sure they can do the right ink and roll card, not just the MSP RI-8.

Royal Fingerprinting in Shelby Twp does the FD-258. At least they did last year.
    Last edited by MCPO_SOCM_RET; 08-09-2022 at 02:35 AM.

I am a Forum User
    Get a Silencer Shop account, find a kiosk, do your own prints. Go on their website and order the cards. Submit with your Form 1. Plenty of people submit their prints that way and get an approved tax stamp.

I am a Forum User
    I bought a stack of fingerprint cards and an ink pad from Amazon. Rolled my own for 3 form 1s with no problems. Last one was approved in 35 days.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by jthomps348176 View Post
    I bought a stack of fingerprint cards and an ink pad from Amazon. Rolled my own for 3 form 1s with no problems. Last one was approved in 35 days.
    This is the way.

Can also order the cards for free from the AFT and use an ink pad (or even a marker).

Gerbrand Defense in Waterford. They are able to do physical prints for $25 for two fingerprint cards and passport photo. Or you can do the digital ETF file for $50.

The first time i needed fingerprints, i did the $25 option. The second time i did the $50 etf file and then used software to print my fingerprints on the cards myself.

A1 in Southfield will charge you $35 for each card. And you need two so its $70.