Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

H&K SP5K barrel swap

Just like the title says, I bought an SP5K and didn’t realize the barrel swap would be so difficult. Looking for a machine shop locally or within Michigan/Ohio area to do the procedure. Would prefer to go some place that specializes with H&K products.

If anyone has had this done please feel free to reply. Or if you just know a good gunsmith that works on H&K products let me know.

Thanks in Advance

SW of Grand Rapids, surrounded by chickens, Detroit some weekends.
    Have you checked out ADCO? They’re in the Toledo burbs.
    “Cui prodest?” Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Dakota Tactical is the best HK expert in the USA.
    Michigan local also.

Quote Originally Posted by Apostle1986 View Post
    Just like the title says, I bought an SP5K and didn’t realize the barrel swap would be so difficult. Looking for a machine shop locally or within Michigan/Ohio area to do the procedure. Would prefer to go some place that specializes with H&K products.

If anyone has had this done please feel free to reply. Or if you just know a good gunsmith that works on H&K products let me know.

Thanks in Advance
    Quote Originally Posted by Coctailer View Post
    Dakota Tactical is the best HK expert in the USA.
    Michigan local also.
    Yep, call Joe

https://www.dakotatactical.com/contact-us/

Actaully, for probably $250 more, keep the SP5k unfired as an investment and buy this to shoot. A B&T barrel, labor and refinish won't be cheap.

https://atlanticfirearms.com/century-ap5-p-HG6035A-N

I already fired the SP5K lol,

But I’m kind of at the point of should I sell it and just buy a stock H&K PDW or buy the aftermarket barrel and do surgery on it? I plan on keeping the firearm for the rest of my life but you know how that goes.

I appreciate all the insight.

I called Joe at DT and left him a message about my plight. He is right around the corner so if I have to do the work I will give it to him.

I shot my cousins SP5 suppresed with the Tri lug Suppressor mount and realized how cool and easy it is to swap on and off. So now I need to suppress my H&K SP5K even more. It’s good for the environment, keeps down noise pollution!

Cheers

In-stock SP5K-PDW's will cost you about $4000. Still think you should buy an MKE AP5-P for $1125. Remember, 2 is 1 and 1 is ...............