Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Thread: New for 22

Post New for 22

Just in case anyone hasn't seen it yet - fresh off the DNR presses:

Deer: Starting with the fall 2022 deer seasons, mandatory online harvest reporting is required for all hunters who successfully take a deer in Michigan.

https://content.govdelivery.com/acco...letins/3278bb7

I am a Forum User
    Ok sure how in the hell are they going to inforce this ? 87000 new DNR officers

Seems to me you would just shine a little extra light on the bottlenecks in the harvesting process - check stations, buck poles, processors, taxidermists, etc.
    I wouldn't expect an army of conservation officers to descend upon your favorite hidey holes in the woods.
    I'll keep my $500 fine in my pocket and they can keep the 90-day misdemeanor paper in their pocket.

Michigan is still in the dark ages as far as DNR licensing and harvest reporting goes.
    This is the writing on the wall that they're probably going to modernize in the next few years.

In Memoriam Forum User
    Seems kind of silly that they impose a limit on deer yet tax payers have to pay LE/Military shooters to come in and take out the excess!

Quote Originally Posted by MCPO_SOCM_RET View Post
    I wouldn't expect an army of conservation officers to descend upon your favorite hidey holes in the woods.
    I sure hope they wear their orange in the field.
    Teachers leave them kids alone
    Hey! teacher! leave us kids alone!