Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Thread: Optic Slide Cut

MGO Member

Optic Slide Cut

Not exactly an optics question, but can anybody recommend a company or individual in the Detroit / Ann Arbor area that does slide milling for optics? Thanks in advance for any input.
    Kyle
    kbow12A

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by DLL9MM View Post
    Ditto...Doug is the best.

SW of Grand Rapids, surrounded by chickens, Detroit some weekends.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbow12A View Post
    Not exactly an optics question, but can anybody recommend a company or individual in the Detroit / Ann Arbor area that does slide milling for optics? Thanks in advance for any input.
    If you’re willing to go a bit outside Metro but still in MI, there is another quality shop in Kalamazoo-Jagerwerks.
    “Cui prodest?” Lucius Annaeus Seneca

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by balrog006 View Post
    If you’re willing to go a bit outside Metro but still in MI, there is another quality shop in Kalamazoo-Jagerwerks.
    Every review I've seen about Jagerwerks says they do good work but that the wait time is ridiculously long.

SW of Grand Rapids, surrounded by chickens, Detroit some weekends.
    Quote Originally Posted by J68 View Post
    Every review I've seen about Jagerwerks says they do good work but that the wait time is ridiculously long.
    It varies depending on their workload, COVID hit them hard and they had some great deals that people took advantage of and had a long backlog for a while.

That said, what do you consider ridiculously long? 2 weeks, 10, 20? I’d personally be nervous and skeptical of the potential quality if they claimed they could return my work in 2-4 weeks.

I also know they do post and adjust the wait times for their work so when you commit to it you know the duration to expect-for the quality of their work, I’m ok with their wait times.
    “Cui prodest?” Lucius Annaeus Seneca