Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

Local police using Blackhawk Serpa holsters with their Glocks

Had my mandatory "stop the bleed" training today put on by state police and local public safety officers. One had a G26 with a +2 mag base, 1 had a gen4 G17. Both had Serpa's. I was surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by dwcopple View Post
    Had my mandatory "stop the bleed" training today put on by state police and local public safety officers. One had a G26 with a +2 mag base, 1 had a gen4 G17. Both had Serpa's. I was surprised.
    They good, no snow yet! Lol
    Active airport shooter

I am a Forum User
    Hilarious how some "trainers" outlaw Serpas yet the boys in blue rock 'em...

I am a Forum User
    Most cops only shoot when they have to and have no idea what is good or bad equipment, so them using serpas isn’t really a glowing endorsement

Cops rarely shoot, if they shoot themselves they don't pay. They might even get to go home and retire early start collecting 80-100k or more for as long as the next 60 years. No work for that Healthcare fir the family, wives covered into her 90s even 100. Total savings shooting yourself in the leg can be 9 million bucks. Cops in NY had 4.5 mill pensions in the 90s if anyone doubts this.

Pretty sweet deal compared to you or me doing it.

SW of Grand Rapids, surrounded by chickens, Detroit some weekends.
    In uniform or no?

Most uniformed officers I’ve ever seen have leather duty gear with a thumb throw release type of retention holster, usually a Safariland or similar in their Department mandated ‘basketweave’ or similar pattern/style.
    “Cui prodest?” Lucius Annaeus Seneca

MGO Member
    I side with the trainers. In competitions, I’ve witnessed 3 times where the shooter could not draw the pistol from the holster. 1 of those 3, we actually had to destroy the holster to get the gun out.

There are better retention systems out there

Quote Originally Posted by wsr View Post
    Most cops only shoot when they have to and have no idea what is good or bad equipment, so them using serpas isn’t really a glowing endorsement
    This.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by balrog006 View Post
    In uniform or no?

Most uniformed officers I’ve ever seen have leather duty gear with a thumb throw release type of retention holster, usually a Safariland or similar in their Department mandated ‘basketweave’ or similar pattern/style.
    Cargo pants and polos.

I am a Forum User
    Some people use them because they are cheap. That's very important to some people...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast