Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Thread: Slick side AR

MGO Member

Slick side AR

Since the Slick Side thread is closed, What are to pro's and con's for a build?

Quote Originally Posted by buckey View Post
    Since the Slick Side thread is closed, What are to pro's and con's for a build?
    Weight and appearance are the only positives. Unless you are into iron sights. A2 irons are better really.
    True slick side uppers suck for non rh shooting.
    Targets or bad guys don't always came from the left Corner ahead. Assuming rh typical shooting. If you are lh you will hate slick side everything.
    There are also slick side lowers, 70's 80's Colts, SP1 type variants, weaker front lugs in push pin area and no "fence" around mag release. Most have case deflector, really early ones don't.
    Owned, shot them all, normal post 1983 A2 style really is my preference. Sure i have a couple 0.625 gas journal builds like my WWSD rig. Ultra light and pleasant to use.
    5# 6oz as pictured.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by postban; 08-16-2022 at 07:37 PM.
    "The path to true knowledge is paved with wasted money" copyright postban forever!
    NRA Endowment Member, 2AF Life Member, GOA Patriot Member

MGO Member
    Thank You Sir.

I am a Forum User
    Remember, Rittenhouse used his forward assist...