Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Silencerco SCO15 (M16A3), full setup….big picture heavy

Recently I put together a “modernized” M16A3 clone and used Silencerco’s new parts offerings. I’m absolutely impressed with their quality. I’ve used other premium receivers in the past that are more expensive, more gaudy, and don’t fit together near as tight as this SCO15. Minimal movement between receivers (the tightest I’ve ever felt, even on $600 “matched” sets), contours that match with absolute precession between upper and lower surfaces, and a very well thought out ambi bolt release that isn’t obtuse in appearance or position.

While I’m not big into AR’s anymore, if I were to put together any more I’d definitely spend the extra money on another set of these. Pricey at $500 for the set, not including their $220 BCG, but by far the most comfortable, tight fitting, close tolerance set I’ve come across without being exceptionally gaudy in appearance.

EDIT: the lower receiver isn’t actually purple. It’s how LightRoom edited the photos. The color is standard black, and is only slightly less black than the upper. That’s my only complaint, that the upper is ever so slightly darker black than the lower.

Not a bad way to turn what was a $1000 Anderson blaster into a needlessly expensive $1800 blaster. But it ‘looks cool’ now, and I suppose that makes it “more betterer”. No reason to upgrade to a billet receiver set over the original Anderson other than I went to the store to buy a $2 safety detent pin…….and ended up spending $600 in parts because “they looked neat”.

At least I feel better about having my FN barrel nestled in a receiver that cost me more than $30.

And this right here is all the action it ever sees…. National Match style slow fire. I’d say it’s to show off at the range…..but I typically shoot all by my lonesome on state land.

Last edited by Fuel Fire Desire; 09-23-2022 at 02:58 PM.

I figured why not and picked up SilencerCo’s BCG too just to “complete the look”. Flared end on the BCG to ‘eliminate carrier tilt’ (not really an issue on DI guns, but why not), FAL sand cut like relief cuts in the runners on the forward part of the BCG ‘to reduce friction’ (sure), a polished trumpet on the rear of the bolt behind the gas rings to aid in cleaning (this I actually see benefit in), more sculpted angular profile, an extra gas relief port and heavier mass to ‘aid in extended dwell time for use with a suppressor’ (sure). While the receivers are absolutely made by SilencerCo, I’m not sure about this BCG. It looks identical to what CMC is offering with a different logo and the same price.

It does glide like silk though. Much smoother and tighter feeling than any of my previous BCG’s I’ve run (this is my first “premium” BCG).

Again, no actual reason for needing this, just a want to complete the look and have Silencerco branding on everything. I’m glad I went for it though, it feels shockingly more smooth and tight than what it replaced. They still have one more branded part, a charging handle for $115, but I don’t think I’m going to go that far. Especially since it incorporates an o ring I’m unsure about.

I’ve yet to fire it yet, but so far it looks like another great product, and not too pricey. $170 with discount straight from SilencerCo’s website.

Last edited by Fuel Fire Desire; 08-25-2022 at 07:21 PM.

MGO Member
    Looks fantastic. And if we didn't buy guns/parts because "they look neat", I know my lifetime list would be about half as long. Enjoy!

Decided to go full brand name and just dive into a full SilencerCo setup. Because why not. The Sco charging handle is comfy, looks nice with its cha****ing all over, and has an O-ring on the underside that I’ll never take advantage of for containing gasses while suppressed. Over priced, but hey, it says “SilencerCo” three times on it. I also replaced the takedown pins and mag release with SI parts. Nothing wrong with the GI parts, but the SI parts have machined facets on them that look nicer in the angular billet receiver. Extra cool points I guess. I’m not sure I could go anymore Gucci with a M16A3 clone.

MGO Member Forum User
    THAT...is beautiful.

I am a Forum User
    I agree..looks very nice. Great pics too. Is that a CMC trigger ?
    I prefer a full stock on AR's, rather than the telescoping ones that usually are fitted to lower assemblies.
    I'm curious as to what brand stock is on your rifle ? Magpul ?