Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by j-squared View Post
    If it's run like Bald Mountain or Island lake, which are safe and clean, but are impossible to do many handgun drills on, it will have limited appeal to a lot of people.
    Is it $4 like the other DNR ranges, or is it $18 like privately run Bald Mountain and Island Lake?

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kryl View Post
    Is it $4 like the other DNR ranges, or is it $18 like privately run Bald Mountain and Island Lake?
    I haven’t been to Island Lake in quite awhile, but why are they able to charge $18 when it’s on state own land with a state own building and facility? Are they paying for all utilities and maintenance? Plus are they paying property taxes like my club? Seems like a scam.

I stopped going there when a range officer yelled at me for shooting to fast. At the time I was shooting my Ruger no.1(45-70), I look at him and said if he could fire faster the 3 seconds between shots he could have it, no takers.

MGO Member
    It's free, like it always was.

Quote Originally Posted by Knight Diver View Post
    It's free, like it always was.
    Thanks.
    That's a plus but if it has the same rules as the other DNR ranges it wouldn't be worth the trip for me.

Quote Originally Posted by ppruchnicki1 View Post
    I haven’t been to Island Lake in quite awhile, but why are they able to charge $18 when it’s on state own land with a state own building and facility? Are they paying for all utilities and maintenance? Plus are they paying property taxes like my club? Seems like a scam.
    Your guess is as good as mine.

I am a Forum User
    Nice !! Haven’t been in years !!!

I am a Forum User
    Thanks.
    That's a plus but if it has the same rules as the other DNR ranges it wouldn't be worth the trip for me.
    Seconds on that! Is there any range anything like the OLD Lapeer pit in the area?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12