Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Improve Your Accuracy???

I just came across what I consider to be a miracle cure for my inaccuracy issues at the range. It's called Modern Spartan Systems Accuracy Oil (comes as a grease, as well), and, per the description on Amazon, "Improves accuracy and tightens shot groups about 90% of the time ." (Which reminds me of the quote from "Anchorman" - "They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time, it works every time.")

In reality, I doubt it's really that much better than the oil I currently use, but it sounds fantastic.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

Personally I think all the modern synthetic oils are same same or nearly so. FP-10 , Tetra Gun, CLP, Weapon Shield all work very well. Whichever has the prettiest bottle and fanciest name is the pick of the day and does best
    "Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

I am a Forum User
    "How is it with stains?" -JW

I am a Forum User
    After using a couple of sample tubes of FP-10 given to me by Doug Jones (my gunsmith / gun guru ), I became a convert & bought a bottle.
    .I use it very sparingly. It does work well.Slipperiest oil I've used, IMO.

MGO Member
    Yeah, a lube that improves your accuracy.

I've switched to a home brew lube for everything. My search was for a lube that stays in place on an AR while stored muzzle up and I found the video linked below and gave it a try. Only difference is I don't lube my BCG on my AR in the same manner as he does, I think it's a bit excessive. A little of this stuff goes a long way. I've also function tested it at -1 F on all the semi auto's I use it on and it works flawlessly. The Glock 44 was the only exception. It requires a generous amount of light oil to to function properly so it gets synthetic motor oil.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTpWfjVFfEU&t=725s
    Last edited by Jailer; 08-27-2022 at 10:00 AM.

MGO Member
    Over lubing a weapon can cause it's own problems!

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by buckey View Post
    Over lubing a weapon can cause it's own problems!
    Oh boy is that the truth. As a young Marine I once over lubed my bcg before an inspection. When the inspecting officer handed me back my rifle, I released the bolt and little drops of CLP went flying right onto his crisp khaki shirt.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by kbdm View Post
    Oh boy is that the truth. As a young Marine I once over lubed my bcg before an inspection. When the inspecting officer handed me back my rifle, I released the bolt and little drops of CLP went flying right onto his crisp khaki shirt.

Bet that didn't go over well

Semper Fi

MGO Member
    I was thinking that same thought when I made my post! I found out about over lubing when my glasses were covered with lube.

Quote Originally Posted by kbdm View Post
    I have to ask - how were you "rewarded" for this minor indiscretion?
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast