Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    First thing I’d do is have someone else shoot it.
    Remember that the 92 has a palm swell, the M9A3 is a straight grip… just like a 1911.
    You’ve gotten used to shooting a 1911 grip and M9A3 mimicks that.
    I find the same thing happens to me with a G17 and all due to the ergo of the swell in that grip.
    The G19 I shoot just fine because of where the swell is in my hand.
    Hand that 92 to a Glock shooter and see how they group it.
    Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it. Ronald Reagan

Gotta be somebody need some killin
    Major Benson Winifred Payne

Quote Originally Posted by pscipio03 View Post
    First thing I’d do is have someone else shoot it.
    Remember that the 92 has a palm swell, the M9A3 is a straight grip… just like a 1911.
    You’ve gotten used to shooting a 1911 grip and M9A3 mimicks that.
    I find the same thing happens to me with a G17 and all due to the ergo of the swell in that grip.
    The G19 I shoot just fine because of where the swell is in my hand.
    Hand that 92 to a Glock shooter and see how they group it.
    This is my experience as well. Even though I started on standard-grip Berettas (with palm swell), I was surprised to find that I consistently shot much better with my 1911s and straight-backstrap Beretta Vertec. It must be something with the way I hold/grip the guns that makes me shoot more accurately with the straight-style backstrap (e.g., 1911, Vertec). Since the M9A3 has the straight grip, vs. the standard Beretta "palm-swell" grip, this is definitely something to consider in your case.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bjmusico View Post
    This is my experience as well. Even though I started on standard-grip Berettas (with palm swell), I was surprised to find that I consistently shot much better with my 1911s and straight-backstrap Beretta Vertec. It must be something with the way I hold/grip the guns that makes me shoot more accurately with the straight-style backstrap (e.g., 1911, Vertec). Since the M9A3 has the straight grip, vs. the standard Beretta "palm-swell" grip, this is definitely something to consider in your case.
    I had not thought of that, good thoughts! I have been shooting the 1911 a lot since the last previous one disappeared with the ex. A rest would defiantly show it's me and not the gun as well, but since I don't have one at the moment, a second person might be able to help out there.

Redneck engineer a rest. You're only going to use it for a short period anyway.

An old sock packed with sand, or a length of foam pipe insulation, a sawhorse and chair/5gal bucket is all you need. Doesn't need to be perfect and it won't be super comfy - but hey, you're only shooting a few groupings not a few boxes of ammo. Set up out back and have at it - ignore the squirrels pointing and chattering.

Oh, and a roll of WV chrome - cuz everything redneck engineered needs duct tape. Lol
    Last edited by MCPO_SOCM_RET; 09-13-2022 at 08:33 AM. Reason: Unless you can only shoot at a range. I always forget not everyone can just walk off the porch and blast varmints.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12