Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MGO Member

Question AK47 MAADI and Hungarian thumbhole stock values?

I would like to sell an Egyptian MAADI AK47 never fired and a Hungarian FEG AK47 also never fired both with thumbhole stocks. Both excellent condition and have been in my safe for 25+ years. I'm not sure what the value of these would be or what I should be asking for them? Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pautzie View Post
    I would like to sell an Egyptian MAADI AK47 never fired and a Hungarian FEG AK47 also never fired both with thumbhole stocks. Both excellent condition and have been in my safe for 25+ years. I'm not sure what the value of these would be or what I should be asking for them? Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks
    More info on the Maadi will be needed, as the one built from MAK-90s were garbage. If not the Misr-90 model, $1300 for either would be a fair starting point. Having them for that long, you stand to make your money back plus a good bit more! Both rifles are neutered to some degree, so getting them back to a proper state will be expensive.
    Active airport shooter

MGO Member
    The receiver is stamped "ARM SEMI AUTOMATIC RIFLE, CALIBER 7.62 X 39, MAADI COMPANY, MADE IN EGYPT". Opposite side says "A.C.C. INT/INTRAC, KNOX.TN, EGYPT". And at the very front of the receiver is stamped "95" inside of a strange symbol. I cant see anything that says MAK-90 or Misr-90 on it. Any additional insight would be appreciated.

The receiver is stamped "ARM SEMI AUTOMATIC RIFLE, CALIBER 7.62 X 39, MAADI COMPANY, MADE IN EGYPT". Opposite side says "A.C.C. INT/INTRAC, KNOX.TN, EGYPT". And at the very front of the receiver is stamped "95" inside of a strange symbol. I cant see anything that says MAK-90 or Misr-90 on it. Any additional insight would be appreciated.
    You have a solid Maadi! I would list both rifles at $1300 ea, see what you get. I see a converted one on Gunbroker for $1400 with no bids, and it has an AKM butt stock, and the front sight block and gas block have all the evil features.(Bayo lug, can hold a cleaning rod...)
    Active airport shooter

I am a Forum User
    Man I remember the day I sold mine for 550 lil beat up ! But wish I had a better mindset back than

MGO Member
    My Maadi has not been fired and the stampings and block engravings are much higher quality than the ones I see on line. Those others look like the info on the receiver was scratched in with a sharp nail. It has the wood thumbhole stock and all the neat features that a real Maddi should have. I can send pictures if there is any interest in it. May just take it to a local gun show to sell.

My Maadi has not been fired and the stampings and block engravings are much higher quality than the ones I see on line. Those others look like the info on the receiver was scratched in with a sharp nail. It has the wood thumbhole stock and all the neat features that a real Maddi should have. I can send pictures if there is any interest in it. May just take it to a local gun show to sell.
    Absolutely do NOT take them to a gun show.
    Step 1- get an account on AKForum dot net.
    Step 2- Intro self in new members column
    Step 3- go to the Hungarian sub-section and Egyptian sub-section and post pics and descriptions and ask for a price check

The FEG - does it say Kassnar Brothers on it or KBI?
    Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it. Ronald Reagan

Gotta be somebody need some killin
    Major Benson Winifred Payne

MGO Member
    Stop The Robberies Enjoy Safe Streets / You can't argue with slaves that don't know they're shackled.

I would never use GB as a litmus test for pricing on anything. Too many times something ends with a winner, and you see it relisted by the same person 3 days later because either the winner backed out, or more likely, because the seller used a buddy(s) to bid and drive up the price.
    As for the SA85M, you're looking at two post-ban rifles. Pre-ban prices are much higher (though I don't know if there were thumbhole pre-ban imports, think that was post ban to get around some rules).
    Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it. Ronald Reagan

Gotta be somebody need some killin
    Major Benson Winifred Payne

MGO Member
    The receiver is stamped KBI. SA 85M CAL 7.62x39 Made in Hungary FEG. Light blond wood thumb hole stock

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast