Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

My MGO account was hacked

Sorry for anyone who saw an ad posted from my account for a Staccato or any other firearm for sale. I did NOT place that ad and my account was hacked. I just logged on to see all the IM's and have since changed my password.
    Surprisingly this happened to me on another gun forum where I have the same screen name, but different password. On that forum I was able to add two step verification-- mods, we may want to do that option here as well.
    Be vigilant if you're going to buy something in Classifieds and I would ONLY do F2F sales. Save yourself some time and ask to FaceTime; Zoom; or some other method of realtime video chat to make sure the person selling is on the up and up.
    Remember two things: 1. If the pricing is too good to be true, that's because it is. 2. We are facing an avalanche of anti-gunners and con artists who will stop at nothing to 'punish' you.
    Looking over a few ads in our classifieds, I think I may not be the only one who was hacked.
    Bill
    Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it. Ronald Reagan

Gotta be somebody need some killin
    Major Benson Winifred Payne

Sorry your account was hacked. Thank you very much for the update. I received several emails about your listing and I knew there had to be something wrong, as it's definitely not something you would do!
    The Constitution is NOT dead. It's just being held captive.

DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

Thank you.
    If we do decide to get two-step as an option on this forum, I'd definitely be up for using it.
    Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it. Ronald Reagan

Gotta be somebody need some killin
    Major Benson Winifred Payne

I'd be up for it too. I'm all for making this website more secure

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by mtdew View Post
    I'd be up for it too. I'm all for making this website more secure
    Is that to keep the inmates in or others out?

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by pscipio03 View Post
    Thank you.
    If we do decide to get two-step as an option on this forum, I'd definitely be up for using it.
    It's been MANY years since I admin'd a vBulletin forum, but ... IIRC, 2FA required vBulletin 5 (we still run 4 here) *and* it only supported 2FA for the admin and mod pages, not for the general users accessing the forums.

If that's changed, I'd be all for 2FA/MFA, preferably anything other than text message based OTPs (e.g., authenticator apps, hardware keys that support FIDO2, etc.).