Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

Early antlerless season this weekend...

And high tomorrow of 80 and 76 on Sunday where I hunt.

Not sure if it's such a good idea deer hunting in those temps.

Anyone going out?

I am a Forum User
    I'll be in the AC, overlooking the corn field out front or the apple tree out back.

I am a Forum User
    I MIGHT be sitting in my blind just in case a turkey strolls by.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by JWJR View Post
    I'll be in the AC, overlooking the corn field out front or the apple tree out back.
    That's kinda cheating.

MGO Board of Directors

It will be warm but I will be sitting out there hoping to fill the freezer early.
    For as long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions be brought under English rule. It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom — for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.
    MGO Life Member, NRA Life Member, MOC Member.

I'll be out too - early. And back in for the Michigan game. I've already been watching some small ones for months now from the AC, not shooters. Maybe 2 or 3yo at most. All had multiple fawns this year and last year. Couple of nice symmetrical 4pts from last year and a wide 6er from them last year.
    Sunday I'll sit in the back 60acre lot up against state land. Haven't had a good couple of hours sitting out there yet this year. Mostly just looking for signs and any change in the usual movement patterns so far.

Sawzall has a fresh blade on it, and there's room in the freezer for one. Can't hang em overnight in these temps, even in the cool barn. Peel it, quarter it, rinse it good, wrap it and freeze it within a few hours of the bang...just like back in Texas.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by MCPO_SOCM_RET View Post
    I'll be out too - early. And back in for the Michigan game. I've already been watching some small ones for months now from the AC, not shooters. Maybe 2 or 3yo at most. All had multiple fawns this year and last year. Couple of nice symmetrical 4pts from last year and a wide 6er from them last year.
    Sunday I'll sit in the back 60acre lot up against state land. Haven't had a good couple of hours sitting out there yet this year. Mostly just looking for signs and any change in the usual movement patterns so far.

Sawzall has a fresh blade on it, and there's room in the freezer for one. Can't hang em overnight in these temps, even in the cool barn. Peel it, quarter it, rinse it good, wrap it and freeze it within a few hours of the bang...just like back in Texas.
    Don't forget to register it.

That's the MOST important thing.

SW of Grand Rapids, surrounded by chickens, Detroit some weekends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leader View Post
    Don't forget to register it.

That's the MOST important thing.
    Within 72 hours even!
    “Cui prodest?” Lucius Annaeus Seneca

I’ll be out in hopes of putting some meat in the freezer. I’m down at my mother-in-laws for the weekend. Seen more deer in ten minutes than I’ve seen in a year were I live.

MGO Member
    I've got too much planned for this weekend to be able to get in the woods. I'll make up for it in November. So for all of you hunters who are able to go, be safe and good luck!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast