Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

I am a Forum User

High Standard 22LR

I just inherited this, on the barrel is marked High Standard MFG Corp, New Haven, Conn USA, on the slide Sport King. My uncle wasn't an active shooter, when we talked about it, he has fired less than 250 rounds. Any info would be appreciated. Jim

MGO Member
    Early, made in the right factory. High Standards budget field pistol. Barrel length, condition, magazines and accessories will determine value.

If you are registered with Gun Broker, you can search "completed sales" and find one similar to yours. Ballpark is 3 to 4 hundred unless really special.

Be careful with the magazines. The pistols have no feed ramp and magazine lips are easily bent if dropped.
    Stop The Robberies Enjoy Safe Streets / You can't argue with slaves that don't know they're shackled.

Go to Rimfire Central forum, they have a section dedicated to High Standard. Lots of good info. I have one and learned a lot at that site, big thing is don't shoot high velocity ammo, use standard velocity to avoid cracking the frame.
    Air Force Veteran
    NRA Patron Member
    NRA Handgun Instructor
    USCCA Handgun Instructor

I am a Forum User
    My 1st pistol purchase was a High Standard "Plinker". Probably their least expensive model & I still have it.
    The Sport KIng was a higher grade pistol..High Standards are well made pistols..
    Bought mine brand new in 1971, Has been very reliable & shot anything it was fed w/o incident.
    Used to shoot it a fair amount ( as it was my only pistol), not so much in many years.
    Did find the original box & sales receipt in the garage! not long ago..forgot I had it.

Magazines are hard to find..Bought a spare a few yrs ago & was almost as expensive as the pistol was in 1971.

Has been very reliable & shot anything it was fed w/o incident.
    I would shoot only std velocity ammo in your pistol, few models accept high vel but I’m not sure of the exact models. Hi Standard pistols are noted for frame cracking when shooting high velocity ammo and I’d hate to see yours suffer from it.
    "Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

I am a Forum User
    The Hamden, CT guns are the most desirable. As others have stated, only shoot standard velocity (1050 fps) ammo or you’ll risk a cracked frame. Just as important is replacing the recoil spring. A worn recoil spring will shorten the life of the frame just as fast as shooting high velocity rounds. Sport Kings were made with both slant grip and military grip frames. It’s the military grip frames that are known to crack. The difference between the two is simply the angle of the grip with respect to the centerline of the bore. The military grip guns have the same grip angle as a 1911, the slant grips are more swept back, kind of like a Luger. Most Sport Kings are worth about $400 depending on condition.

MGO Member
    I would say that this would sell from $375-450 depending upon condition, etc.