Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Thread: Scope Mounts

I am a Forum User

Scope Mounts

Hey everyone, whats everyone's favorite scope mounts? Im using a Type A pro 13.7 rifle, Vortex Strike eagle 1-8, gonna put a can on it as well, wanted to throw a quality mount on it and was thinking of doing a red dot off the mount. Was looking at Leupold, Badger ordnance, Geissele, and Larue. What other good options are there? Trying to keep it high mid quality with this build.

lots of good quality mounts out there.
    I've got a Burris AR-P.E.P.R. on mine and am happy with it.
    "Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

Have several LaRue C.A.N. mounts. And a few older 1.93 MSR height LT135. Also look at Warne 217LM QD rings. Happy with all of them.
    "The path to true knowledge is paved with wasted money" copyright postban forever!
    NRA Endowment Member, 2AF Life Member, GOA Patriot Member

I am a Forum User
    I would go with the badger condition 1. I currently have two and am going to get a third. Being that this is a 13.7 I would go with the 1.70 height mount. I use one with my razor on 13.9 and will not ever switch. It will change your perspective on carbines using lpvos. You get the advantage of shooting heads up at closer distances while still being able to get a cheek weld and not crane your neck for precise/prone shooting.

Spend $500.00 for a mount or $25.00-$70.00 for a decent functional mount. You need not have to spend a weeks worth of wages for a nice one.
    Teachers leave them kids alone
    Hey! teacher! leave us kids alone!

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by a.nagle95 View Post
    Hey everyone, whats everyone's favorite scope mounts? Im using a Type A pro 13.7 rifle, Vortex Strike eagle 1-8, gonna put a can on it as well, wanted to throw a quality mount on it and was thinking of doing a red dot off the mount. Was looking at Leupold, Badger ordnance, Geissele, and Larue. What other good options are there? Trying to keep it high mid quality with this build.
    This DEPENDS, on how much emphasis you put on weight vs cost.

The P.E.P.R mount mentioned above is a good solid somewhat inexpensive mount that will work just fine but it is heavy, that Strike eagle 1-8 you have now is also somewhat heavy for what it is so couple that with a heavy mount and the rifle weight will be noticeable.