Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

review of SW customer service, free missing screw for 340 pd

I had a screw work out of the top of a 340pd. I saw price and shipping at midway and didn't need anything else at midway.

So I simply messaged SW on fb and asked if they would sell me a screw, they said they will mail it free. It showed up in about a week.

Keep this in mind if you lose a lens cap (vortex sent me one free a year or two ago).

MGO Member
    S&W Sent me a couple of thimble screws for my new Englander. All I had to do was to ask if they were available, the customer service agent said they would send them, free of charge. They are good on my book.

MGO Member
    Ya, when I ran a hundred rounds thru my 442, the ejector rod unscrewed enough to prevent the cylinder being swung out. Don’t know if the threads got screwed up while firing it loose or if it was because I forced the cylinder open, but the threads got smucked up.
    Called them up and the gal said they’re in stock is there anything else I can get for you? I said might as well make it two in case it happens again, let me know when your ready for my card #. “No charge”, there was a goodly couple secs of silence while I digested what she said. Most definitely I fell all over myself thanking her lol.

I am a Forum User
    I believe I already posted this, shortly after it happened. I bought a S&W 617 (.22 revolver) from a MGO member as a used pistol.
    After shooting it, I was cleaning the cylinder & found a spot in a chamber I couldn't remove . Took it to my gunsmith (Doug) and viewing it
    thru his lighted magnifying lens. was able to determine the metal had a void ( pitted spot) in the one chamber.
    I contacted S&W, explained the issue, & was sent a prepaid shipping label to return it to them.
    I was very clear that I had purchased the gun USED.
    S&W replaced the cylinder at no charge. No parts cost, no labor cost no shipping charges.

Many manufacturers only warranty their products to the original purchaser..( which S&W's warranty does state)
    Apparently there is some leeway granted for some repairs...for which I am grateful.

Quote Originally Posted by joepistol View Post
    I believe I already posted this, shortly after it happened. I bought a S&W 617 (.22 revolver) from a MGO member as a used pistol.
    After shooting it, I was cleaning the cylinder & found a spot in a chamber I couldn't remove . Took it to my gunsmith (Doug) and viewing it
    thru his lighted magnifying lens. was able to determine the metal had a void ( pitted spot) in the one chamber.
    I contacted S&W, explained the issue, & was sent a prepaid shipping label to return it to them.
    I was very clear that I had purchased the gun USED.
    S&W replaced the cylinder at no charge. No parts cost, no labor cost no shipping charges.

Many manufacturers only warranty their products to the original purchaser..( which S&W's warranty does state)
    Apparently there is some leeway granted for some repairs...for which I am grateful.
    sig is charging me $55 to send in my p938 that was able to dry fire from half cock, then the slide stuck back. I bought it used 10 months ago or so, I have no sent it in yet, just go the price, but I think ruger, SW, springfield would all be free based on what friends have told me when they sent guns in.

Not impresses so far, the premium price doesn't seem to mean much. Also when guy was looking it up, I could tell the previous owner never registered it, and had I lied and said I was the original owner they apparently would have paid for it. So much for being honest.

Register it in your name online then and fill out the warranty claim form that you can access from your account.
    I've never had a problem with Sig or paid to return the one that needed repair. Goes for all of their accessories too - in my case at least.

Quote Originally Posted by MCPO_SOCM_RET View Post
    Register it in your name online then and fill out the warranty claim form that you can access from your account.
    I've never had a problem with Sig or paid to return the one that needed repair. Goes for all of their accessories too - in my case at least.
    is it too late, I was honest with a guy on the phone describing the problem and my use. I said I bought it used.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtmcgirt76239 View Post
    is it too late, I was honest with a guy on the phone describing the problem and my use. I said I bought it used.
    If it wasn't registered when you called, did he register it in your name? Probably not. So, it's still probably not registered with Sig - unless you gave him the address info and purchase date and price paid for the previous owner. Still worth a try in my opinion to create a free Sig login (if you don't have one already) and try to register the SN in your name. If that doesn't work, call them back and get the serial registered in your name. At least you'd get recall notices direct to you and may qualify in the future for something like their current program to upgrade 320's for free right now. https://www.sigsauer.com/p320-voluntary-upgrade-program

Back on topic now. Sorry for straying from the path folks.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtmcgirt76239 View Post
    Honesty and integrity are worth your peace of mind.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnS624 View Post
    Honesty and integrity are worth your peace of mind.
    it would be nice if they said, wow, you are so honest. All costs waived, sending you prepaid, free stickers etc. lol