Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

MGO Member

Shot my NEW GSG 1911-22

Today I just picked up my GSG 1911-22 from my FFL. I ran about 150 rds. of assorted 22 ammo through it. I had 2 fails to feed, and the accuracy was great, it did favor 40gr. 22 ammo. The first thing I did was to remove the magazine disconnect, I hate that feature on any pistol. The magazine is well built but I found loading it was a problem, the magazine assist button was too small. I have 2 mags. ordered and 3, 14 shot followers and and mag. assist button on order. I can't wait to get this gun cleaned and lubed up with Mobli 28 grease and put some more rounds though it.

I am a Forum User
    Pics or it never happened

Nice little pistols for the money. They seem accurate and get great reviews on the web. IIRC Sigs 1911-22 is manufactured by GSG and rebranded.
    I would skip the grease and stay with a good oil at least until you’ve run 500 or so rounds through to gun.
    I’ve no experience other then shooting a few rds through one but do have a marvel 22 conversion for a 1911 and have owned a Buckmark in the past. Neither one liked grease. I believe the 22rd is too weak to reliably work against the thicker grease, but my guns ran much better over all with a oil as lubricant.
    "Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

MGO Member
    Joe, you might be right about using Mobil 28 on the 1911-22. I use it on all my other guns, 1897's, Springfield 1911 45 acp, Marlin lever, and my Kel-tec sub 2000, with great results, I think I will just use Mobil 1 oil on it. Thanks

I am a Forum User
    congratulations.. keep us posted if you run thru a problem of second round feed.. Maybe with the new mags that problem may have been resolved.

Quote Originally Posted by denniscoon@aol.c View Post
    Today I just picked up my GSG 1911-22 from my FFL. I ran about 150 rds. of assorted 22 ammo through it. I had 2 fails to feed, and the accuracy was great, it did favor 40gr. 22 ammo. The first thing I did was to remove the magazine disconnect, I hate that feature on any pistol. The magazine is well built but I found loading it was a problem, the magazine assist button was too small. I have 2 mags. ordered and 3, 14 shot followers and and mag. assist button on order. I can't wait to get this gun cleaned and lubed up with Mobli 28 grease and put some more rounds though it.
    If that was second round fail to feed, I've seen that problem very very intermittently on my GSG race gun - after I replaced the slide -- it seems to be mag specific, though I can't find a problem with the mags. I don't have that problem on my stone stock one. Funny thing is, on my race gun, I put the old slide back on and still had the problem. Weird thing is the feed works fine when you manually rack it? My thought was when I am shoot quickly it short recoils and doesn't pick up a round. But why on only the second round and only on certain mags? I am thinking yours will clear up after a few hundred rounds.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Mkc451 View Post
    If that was second round fail to feed, I've seen that problem very very intermittently on my GSG race gun - after I replaced the slide -- it seems to be mag specific, though I can't find a problem with the mags. I don't have that problem on my stone stock one. Funny thing is, on my race gun, I put the old slide back on and still had the problem. Weird thing is the feed works fine when you manually rack it? My thought was when I am shoot quickly it short recoils and doesn't pick up a round. But why on only the second round and only on certain mags? I am thinking yours will clear up after a few hundred rounds.
    see my post just before your post.. I had the exact same problem.. Only the second round, and mine was stock... It drove me crazy ... And couldn't find a root cause..